The 2TB Rugged Triple Interface USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive from LaCie is a rough-and-tumble ready, high-speed, ultra-portable hard drive. In terms of protection, it features the famous orange, rubberized, shock-resistant exterior sleeve; aluminum anti-scratch casing; internal rubber bumpers; and a 1000g shock-resistant hard drive. Built to military specifications, you can be sure that the drive is protected from damage that can occur during daily use. If off, the drive can withstand drops of up to 2 meters.
The drive features a 5400rpm disk speed and can connect to your computer via the super-fast USB 3.0 port or via one of two FireWire 800 ports.* The USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and the FireWire 800 ports are backwards compatible with FireWire 400. With the included software suite, you can setup the drive, establish AES 256-bit encryption on the drive, automatically backup your computer's data, and save up to 10GB of data online. The software also includes an Automatic Eco mode that lowers the drive's power consumption by 40% when it's not in use.
Triple Interface for the Best Performance
Four Levels of Rugged Protection
Fifth Level of Data Security
User-Friendly Software Suite Included
• Easy setup (LaCie Setup Assistant)
• Automatic backup (LaCie Backup Assistant)
• AES 256-bit encryption: LaCie Private-Public software with password protection
• Automatic Eco mode: lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use (may vary from one drive to another)
• 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)