The Tektronix ECO8000 Automatic Changeover Basic Unit is a versatile automatic sync and signal changeover unit with configurations and capabilities required to address modern master sync application and other advanced sync timing application. It supports optional high bandwidth input changeover capabilities for HD/SD-SDI and/or 3G-SDI signal environments. It can be used with the following optional signal generators to form the complete sync generator system, which offers extra redundancy for the critical timing and synchronization system in the facilities:
- A pair of Tektronix Master Sync / Master Clock Reference Generators (model # SPG8000) for most broadcast facility timing applications.
- A pair of Tektronix Test Signal Generators (model # TG8000) for more advanced post production facility timing applications.
The ECO8000 features 9 switchable BNC channels, each consisting of primary and backup inputs and an output.
Features & Benefits
- Switch analog black burst, HD tri-level sync, AES/DARS, word clock, LTC, as well as SD/HD/3G-SDI signals
- Scalable product architecture to fit various application needs
- Electronic Fast Switch function for near glitch-less sync source switching, minimizing disruption in operations
- Automatic or Manual changeover mode
- Front panel LED fault indicators for each individual channel as well as the status of the power supplies
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies ensure continuous availability of reference signals
- Easy to manage with Web-based interface for configuration and SNMP for status and alert information
- Sync generator and time reference generator system for broadcast, studio, mobile, and post-production facilities
- Master or slave (genlock) operation for distributed system architectures
The base configuration has three 50 MHz Electronic Fast Switch channels with options for six more 50 MHz Electronic Fast Switch or 3 GHz Relay Switch channels in groups of three channels each, plus four optional LTC channels.
The 50 MHz Electronic Fast Switch channels support black burst, HD tri-level sync, AES/DARS, and word clock signals. The 3 GHz Relay Switch channels support SD/HD/3G-SDI signals as well as most analog reference signals.
For applications that require more than nine BNC channels, two ECO8000 instruments can be configured to work as a single system which practically doubles the number of channels available (up to 18 BNC channels and eight LTC channels).