The Knight PT 72mm f/6.0 ED-APO Photography Spotting Scope from Snypex is a powerful and versatile purpose-built optic for digiscoping with DSLR cameras. In place of an eyepiece holder are T-mount threads for attaching camera-specific T-2 adapters that allow your DSLR to be properly positioned on the scope's focal plane. Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and an apochromatic doublet lens configuration virtually eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations. With these aberrations corrected, views are seen with true high-contrast color and virtually no distortion across the entire field of view. Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize the light entering the objective lens to make the views bright with enhanced low-light performance. With an optional eyepiece adapter, the scope can be used as a conventional angled-view spotting scope.
Its aluminum housing is coated with a chip- and scratch-resistant durable white paint. The focuser is based on the familiar DLSR lens system with a large textured coarse-focus ring and a smaller 1:10 fine-focus ring. The textures of the coarse and fine focus are different so you can tell the difference by feel. To mount the scope, there are two 1/4"-20 tripod mounts. These mounts are placed at either end of the shoe and help you balance the weight of the scope. The shoe has an integrated dovetail plate that fits on compatible quick release heads. A reinforced hard carrying case, with a custom die-cut foam interior, is included for protection while in storage or during transport.
- 72mm objective lens
- 432mm focal length
- f/6.0 focal ratio
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass
- Apochromatic doublet lens system
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics
Use and Handling
- Dual-speed DLSR-type focusing rings
- Large ribbed coarse focus, 1:10 fine focus
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount with integrated dovetail mount
- Aluminum optical tube assembly
- Durable chip- and scratch-resistant white paint
- Integrated retractable dew/sunshield
- Reinforced aluminum carry case with die-cut foam lining