The black PowerShot SX520 HS Digital Camera from Canon is a compact point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16-megapixel 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor and a long 42x optical zoom f/3.4-6.0 lens equivalent to 24-1,008mm in 35mm format. The SX520 combines this image sensor with the DIGIC 4+ processor to create the Canon HS System which is designed to provide quality imagery in low-light situations. Also, the lens has an Intelligent IS system with eight different modes optimized to different shooting situations.
In addition to stills, the SX520 is capable of full high definition 1920 x 1080p video recording which can be monitored using the 3.0" 461k-dot TFT-LCD screen on the rear of the camera. There is also a high speed autofocus system to ensure you are getting sharp images as fast as possible. Another ability of the camera is Zoom Framing Assist which will automatically zoom the lens in or out in order to track the movement of a subject when shooting at extreme telephoto focal lengths.
Numerous shooting modes are available, including Smart AUTO for intelligently selecting the best settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations. Creative Shot mode generates photos with artistically adjusted tone and color based on your original image. And, Hybrid Auto mode allows you to record a few seconds of video with every photograph you take and will then automatically compile them into a single video.
- Can accept 67mm filters with the use of the FA-DC67A adapter
- Built-in flash with maximum range of 18'
- Mini HDMI connector for viewing images and video on a television
- Full manual, shutter priority, aperture priority, and program shooting modes available
- Built-in flash with wide angle range of 1.6-18' and telephoto range of 4.3-9.8'
- Continuous shooting speed up to 10 fps in high-speed burst mode
- Curved grip designed to reduce strain on your fingers and minimize shake a long focal lengths
- Front dial makes adjusting settings more convenient