UNCHIRP from Zynaptiq is a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval plug-in that is designed for removing artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding and other FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) based processes, such as spectral de-noising. Reduce musical noise, suppress high frequency chirping and warbling sounds, fix transient smearing, and restore lost high frequencies using UNCHIRP's artifact suppression and transient enhancement functions. If you need to salvage poorly encoded music or vocals, or material that has been de-noised too strongly, UNCHIRP can help you remove the unwanted artifacts and improve transient definition, thereby improving audio quality.
The plug-in supports AU, VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on Mac and VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on PC.
- Suppression of high frequency "chirping" artifacts
- Reduction of "musical noise" artifacts
- Transient Synthesis to augment or replace smeared, over-limited or otherwise compromised transients
- Psycho-Acoustically optimized Treble Boost circuit with Enhance and Excite modes
- Break-Point Curve Editor based frequency-dependent processing
- Side-only algorithm mode for working with joint-stereo encoded material
- HD algorithm mode for increased quality processing with higher CPU load (off-line processing recommended)
- SYNC parameter allows processing to be synchronized to signal transients for increasing clarity
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications
- Workflow and UI designed for efficiency