The AL-MAGPIE Wireless Infrared Microphone/Transmitter by Atlas Sound is for capturing audio in sound reinforcement. It is designed for use in higher education facilities, or where a room constrained public address systems is required. When used in conjunction with the AL-2430 amplifier/receiver (sold separately), it allows the teacher and students to walk freely around the room with the infrared microphones/system control units, and project their voices through installed speakers.
The AL-MAGPIE microphone performs the functions of a wireless microphone and a system remote control. Each wireless microphone has a volume control for adjusting the volume of that microphone relative to the user's voice allowing it to be adjusted up or down so that the speaker can be clearly heard and understood. Each AL-MAGPIE can be set to either A or B. One AL-MAGPIE must be set to Channel A and the other AL-MAGPIE must be set to Channel B. The MAGPIE includes Mode, Volume, and Panic controls that are fully functional in teacher mode, but will be locked out when configured for student mode. A rechargeable battery is included.
- Soft-touch-control microphone-level adjustment
- Wireless infrared transmission
- Optional "Student" mode
- Integrated "Panic" trigger for emergency notification
- Breakaway lanyard included
- 3.5mm input for optional headset, collar, or lapel microphone
- 3.67V long-life rechargeable battery provides over 8 hours of use between charges