SHAPE combines their Sony a7S Cage with their DSLR Kirk Neff Baseplate 2.0 into an elegant starting point rig that can be upgraded to a full shoulder mount rig.
The a7S Cage provides two cold shoe mounts on top and leaves the camera's hot shoe mount accessible, offering convenient support for the Sony XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M audio packs. One cold shoe mount is offset to the side and is removable to provide access to the controls on that side of the camera. The other cold shoe mount overhangs in front of the camera and can be useful for both top handles and mics. The right side of the cage can be unscrewed and totally removed to allow you to hold the camera by the handle. A cutout on the bottom provides battery door access.
The cage secures to the bottom of the camera using an included 1/4"-20 screw with a small retainer ring. There are three mounting threads on the bottom, the middle one for the camera and the other two for tripod plates. The cage is designed specifically for the Sony a7S. It's lightweight and solid and offers added protection and 1/4"-20 mounting threads on all sides.
The Kirk Neff Baseplate 2.0 features a V-lock quick release system instead of a standard mounting screw. It includes a quick-release plate and V-lock delta adapter that attach together to the bottom with a single 1/4"-20 screw and will allow you mount the cage on and off in an instant, releasing it at the press of a slide button on the side. The quick release plate has rubber stoppers at the back to prevent the cage from twisting during operation. The stoppers can be adjusted and removed using an included Allen key. For alignment and balance adjustments, the V-lock delta adapter can also be adjusted forward/backward.
The baseplate supports two 15mm rods and is designed to place the optical center of a camera between the two rods and also places the lens at a height suitable for use with a matte box. It includes two silver 8" rods and features a ratcheting lever that secures both rods in place at once.
- Designed to accommodate Sony's XLR-K1M and XLR-K2M audio packs
- Two cold shoe mounts on top, one removable to provide access to controls
- Leaves the camera's hot shoe mount accessible
- Right side of the cage is removable to allow you to hold the camera handle
- Secures to the bottom of the camera with a 1/4"-20 screw
- Mounting threads for tripod plates
- 1/4"-20 mounting threads on all sides
- Provides battery door access
Kirk Neff Baseplate 2.0
- V-lock quick release system
- Rubber stoppers to prevent from twisting during operation
- Two 8" 15mm rods
- Places the optical center of a camera between the two rods
- Places the lens at a height suitable for use with a matte box