The Lectrosonics L Series ZS-LRLT camera-mount wireless microphone system offers filmmakers, journalists, and videographers a set of advanced features designed to deliver flexibility and broadcast-quality sound for professional ENG and video productions. The system employs a wide tuning bandwidth of 75 MHz, along with Digital Hybrid technology for pristine, compander-free audio and reliable performance, even in the most challenging, interference-prone shooting locations—including busy urban areas, trade show floors, and similar environments.
Portable and lightweight for on-camera use with DSLR, 4/3, small 4K, and other compact HD cameras, the ZS-LRLT includes the M152/5P omnidirectional lavalier microphone, the ultracompact LT bodypack transmitter with selectable 50 or 100mW RF transmission power and removable antenna, and the LR camera-mount receiver. All the necessary cables and accessories are also provided to get you up and running immediately for an inclusive, cost-effective solution that provides a smart entry point into Lectrosonics' proven wireless reliability.
The system is made in the USA and features rugged aluminum housings, user-friendly operation, and compatibility modes for use with older Lectrosonics analog and IFB systems, as well as select third-party systems. It is also compatible with all Digital Hybrid wireless systems.
Advanced L Series Wireless Technology for Reliable Performance
- Wide Tuning Bandwidth: The system features a wide 75 MHz bandwidth covering three Lectrosonics 25 MHz frequency blocks and providing up to 3072 total frequencies—selectable in 25 or 100 kHz tuning steps on the receiver. The wide bandwidth allows you to simultaneously operate up to 30 wireless mics on a set, while giving you added frequency flexibility in an increasingly crowded and shrinking RF spectrum.
- Digital Hybrid Wireless Technology: The L Series combines the best aspects of digital and analog systems without using a compander, eliminating the artifacts (known as "pumping" and "breathing") created by the analog compander found in traditional wireless systems. The system encodes the audio at 24-bit/88.2 kHz and sends the information via an analog UHF wireless link. The result is pristine and nuanced digital audio along with the increased range, battery life, and reliability of analog UHF systems.
- SmartDiversity: Microprocessor-controlled antenna phase combining is used for diversity reception. The firmware analyzes incoming RF signals at each of the receiver's two antennas and selects the cleanest one, improving range and resistance to dropouts.
- Tracking Front-End RF Filters: The LR receiver employs tracking front-end filters to block interference from high-powered RF signals on nearby channels, preserving the operating range.
- SmartSquelch: This DSP-based algorithm optimizes the receiver's performance for noiseless muting in very weak signal conditions.
- DSP-Based Pilot Tone: The system uses a DSP-generated ultrasonic pilot tone at specific frequencies to reliably mute the audio when no RF carrier is present.
LT Bodypack Transmitter for Flexibility in the Field
- The LT features a 50 or 100mW selectable RF output option for an extended range up to 350'. The 100mW setting boost the RF output providing 15 to 20% additional range in crowded environments at the expense of only 15 to 20% of the battery life.
- The multipurpose servo-bias TA5 audio input accepts mic- or line-level signals with a 44 dB range of gain, adjustable in 1 dB steps. It also adapts to instrument-level input for use with musical instruments, including guitars with passive pickups.
- The detachable antenna can be substituted with a swiveling or remote antenna if required (both available separately).
- The LT responds to remote commands from either the dedicated Lectrosonics RM remote unit or the LectroRM app for iOS/Android tablets and smartphones (both available separately).
- The DSP-controlled, dual-envelope input limiter handles signal peaks over 30 dB above full modulation, allowing the LT to pick up loud signal peaks without distortion—even when your acting talent goes from a whisper to a shout.
- The LT can be configured to operate as a "one-touch" device with a multifunction switch on the top panel—programmable for Mute, Power, Talkback, or Disabled.
- Membrane switches and an LCD interface on the side panel provide full access to all operational parameters and advanced features.
- An LED indicator on the top panel and a bar graph indicator on the LCD display allow precise gain adjustments for maximum signal-to-noise ratio and minimum distortion.
Versatile LR Camera-Mount Receiver with Advanced Controls
- The back-lit, adjustable, daylight-readable LCD display shows important details at a glance, providing instant, clear information for set up and status.
- The SmartTune function automatically scans the RF spectrum for you, making it easy to quickly find clean frequencies on location.
- The IR sync function easily syncs the receiver with the transmitter, transferring frequency and compatibility-mode information.
- The receiver is equipped with a SmartNR noise-reduction algorithm, which removes hiss without sacrificing the audio frequency response.
- The two detachable antennas can be substituted with swiveling or remote antennas (both available separately).
- The LR’s TA3 audio output jack provides user-selectable balanced or unbalanced audio, variable in 1 dB steps from mic to line level.
- Output cables include a TA3 to XLR-M cable for XLR-equipped cameras or recording devices, and a TA3 to 3.5mm TRS cable for DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
- The included shoe adapter makes it easy to mount the LR onto a camera, with all controls readily accessible.
M152/5P Lavalier Microphone with TA5 Connector
- The M152 is a high-performance lavalier microphone with heavily suppressed mechanical noise for critical applications.
- The mic’s wide, flat-frequency response is augmented by a 2 to 3 dB bump in the upper octaves to capture crisp, intelligible speech.
- The lavalier’s omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the speaker’s head moves away from the mic.
- Transmitter and receiver can be powered via two AA batteries or with an optional LTBATELIM battery eliminator that replaces the hinged battery door.
- 4 hours of battery life.
- Components are housed in rugged, machined-aluminum chassis featuring an ultra-hard, ebENi conductive finish
- The USB port on each unit allows for easy firmware updates.
- Adding the HMa plug-on transmitter allows you to connect any handheld microphone of your choice or a shotgun mic for wireless booming. You can even apply selectable 5/15/48V phantom for condenser mics. The unit features selectable 50/100mW RF power for extended transmission range.