Orders placed after 4pm on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 12pm Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The diskless ARC-5028T2 6-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure from Areca features two interfaces, Thunderbolt 2 and SuperSpeed USB 3.0. Thunderbolt 2 features full backwards compatibility with the same cables and connectors used by the original Thunderbolt connector. It pushes speed to 20 Gb/s and enables 4K video file transfer and display simultaneously. The ARC-5028T2 is equipped with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for connecting to any Thunderbolt 2-enabled host such as the new Mac Pro, and offers an additional Thunderbolt 2 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals.
The Thunderbolt daisy-chaining allows connection of up to six devices, so customers can connect additional ARC-5028T2 arrays for massive amounts of video storage with a single Thunderbolt connection to their host computer. The ARC-5028T2 can meet the demand of users when working with rich, ultra-high resolution media through Thunderbolt 2 interface. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface offers high-performance connectivity and is backward compatibility with any computer running compatible versions of Mac OS X (such as Mac Pro) or Windows.
Given the capabilities of the ARC-5028T2 you can insert a variety of hard drives giving you a large storage capacity to store your multimedia content. Enhanced RAID compatibility ensures you can configure the drives for maximum storage or redundancy. The integrate Thunderbolt 2 connectivity allows you to streamline your workflow and even work with true 4K content in real time. In addition to Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, you can utilize USB 3.0 connectivity offering a maximum throughput of up to 5 Gb/s.
Enhanced RAID Capabilities
The ARC-5028T2 is a 6-bay 6Gb/s SAS/SATA Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 storage device with RAID control capabilities for either the Mac or PC environment. The ARC-5028T2 incorporated high performance ROC and 1GB DDR3 memory with ECC protection to deliver true hardware RAID for the video editor working with real time multi-stream HD and 4K workflows. It runs efficiently without disruption or major drops in performance to meet the requirements of 4K data workflow. It is so quick it allows for 4K displays at the same time as daisy chaining the ARC-5028T2 and doing a simultaneous 4K output and file transfers while maintaining maximum throughput.
Enterprise-Class Data Availability and Security
The ARC-5028T2 supports the hardware RAID 6 engine to allow two HDDs failures without impact the existing data and performance. It allows users to hot swap drive in the event of a drive failure with zero downtime. Its high data availability and protection derives from many advanced RAID features on the design. Intelligent power On/Off function on storage turns power in unison with the host computer power status. It can intelligently power down the unit after the thunderbolt host shuts down everything for data integrity. The ARC-5028T2 also supports a battery backup option that protects all data in cache memory in the event of unexpected power outage. The ARC-5028T2 supports USB 3.0 interface that allows old Mac Pro user and newest Mac Pro model to access same storage seamlessly.
Configuration and monitoring can be managed either through the LCD control panel, Thunderbolt interface or LAN port. The intelligent cooling continuously adapts to environmental conditions by automatically controlling the speed of the cooling fans for the rapidly growing demand from the video editing markets. You can even configure the ARC-5028T2 to intelligently spin down drives during periods of inactivity to further reduce noise and save energy. This Areca storage solution provides users the capability of adding bootable drives via Thunderbolt on Apple thunderbolt-capable machines.
• Write-through or write-back cache support • Support for 6 internal 6 Gb/s SAS/SATA ports • Bootable from RAID storage volume • Redundant flash image for controller availability • System status indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer • Intelligent power On/OFF function
• RAID level 0, 1, 10(1E), 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Dis k or JBOD • Multiple RAID selections • Support up to 1MB stripe size • Online array roaming • Online RAID level/stripe size migration • Instant availability and background initialization • Multiple pairs SSD/HDD disk clone functionality • SSD automatic monitor clone (AMC) support • Support for global and dedicated hot spare drives • Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding • Advanced configuration for smooth data streaming • Supports intelligent power management to save energy and extend service life • Complete configuration management suite - McRAID manager - browser-based management tool (LAN or Thunderbolt) - Push Buttons and LCD Display panel for setup and status - Command Line Interface (CLI)- scriptable configuration tool - API libraries support - combine GUI with user management utility - SNMP support for remote monitoring - SMTP support for email notification
• 6 x internal 6 Gb/s SAS/SATA ports
• Bootable from RAID storage volume
• Multiple pairs SSD/HDD disk clone functionality
• Supports global and dedicated hot spare functionality