The ergonomic and durable 7x50 Commander Binoculars from Steiner feature high definition, and index-matched fully multi-coated optical elements produce high-contrast images with edge-to-edge brightness and true color rendition.
For extra protection against dirt, oils, and water, Steiner treated the objectives and oculars with a hydrophobic coating that resists scratches and makes cleaning the lenses easier without residue. The 7x magnification and 50mm objectives work together to produce an impressive 7.1mm exit pupil that, when combined with the generous field of view and long eye relief, present the user with an immersive observational experience on the land with greatly reduced discomfort that is often felt when glassing on rough or rolling seas.
Complementing the optical performance, are construction details that allow the Commander to withstand the rigors of the outdoors and high-seas. These details begin with Steiner's Sport Focusing System which allows the user to focus each eyepiece, just one time, and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is - or if it is moving. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Their optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 33 feet, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions.
Whether you're on the land or seas, the Commander binoculars are an ideal companion from dawn to dusk in all weather conditions.
- 7x power provides moderate magnification while helping to produce a wide exit pupil for easier low-light use, without sacrificing field of view
- Large 50mm objective lens diameter draws in copious amounts of light to boost its light-gathering ability in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk, or in dense fog
- Traditional Porro prism design makes it comfortable to hold, and presents a rich depth of field
- High Definition Optic system uses specially-engineered optical coatings that match the specific properties of the lens glass to maximize light transmission and color rendition across the entire visible spectrum, with improved contrast and clarity
- Proprietary Nano-Protection protects lens surfaces enabling water to bead off, and preventing dirt from sticking, to provide clearer views in all weather conditions
- 58° apparent angle of view approaches wide-angle to minimize the appearance of visible hand-shake and the disorientation often felt when using optics on rough or rolling seas
Use and Handling
- Individually-focusing eyepieces enable highly-precise focusing, with memory diopter system to store and indicate personal diopter setting
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Ultra-long 20.2mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions comfortable with reduced eye strain
- Large 7.1mm exit pupil is optimized for low-light conditions to completely cover pupils when they are fully dilated to avoid vignetting of the view
Sports Auto-Focusing System:
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Lightweight, and corrosion and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to 14-psi of pressure, to be waterproof to a depth of 33' (10m), and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- ErgoFlex winged angled eyecups block stray peripheral light from interfering with views while improving contrast and limiting distractions
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Includes a buoyant high-visibility yellow neck strap; outfitted with fast attachment/detach ClicLoc system