The JD-XA from Roland is an analog/digital crossover synthesizer that combines analog warmth and digital versatility in one keyboard. Featuring a four-part analog synth engine, a four-part digital synth engine, comprehensive effects, an analog filter section, and 49 velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch, the JD-XA is a powerful and versatile instrument that offers a world of sonic possibility.
Each of the four all-analog synth engine parts feature two oscillators along with a dedicated filter, amp envelope, two pitch envelopes, and two LFOs per voice. Featuring a maximum polyphony of 4 voices, the analog section can be used on it's own, or stacked with the digital engine, which is based on Roland's SuperNATURAL technology and features a maximum of 64 simultaneous voices.
Each analog and digital part is equipped with a powerful and expansive MFX processor that offers 67 effect types plus five master effects including reverb, delay, EQ and more. The 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) can be used for fast creation of songs and loops, and the XLR/1/4" mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice or use the on-board vocoder.
All of this, plus USB, MIDI, CV/GATE connectivity, and flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA an ideal centerpiece for your music production setup or for live performance.
- Hybrid synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal
- Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
- Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
- Flexible routing options for creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
- Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA the ideal centerpiece for live performance and music production
- Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
- Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping