When the terrain changes as fast as the engagement range there's no time for guesswork or hesitation, and Steiner Optics makes fluid transition from CQB to ranged use easy with the 6x40 ICS Innovative Combat Sight. This multi-ranged use sight is a 6x40 riflescope for long-range use and features a built-in IR laser rangefinder and inclinometer that measures the range and angle to the target and, using the user-defined ammunition ballistic characteristics being employed, calculates the ballistic drop. The red-dot aiming point is automatically adjusted according to the calculated BDC to put you on-target quickly - ranging to a target at 550yd takes about one second, while a target at 765yd takes about two seconds. A remote pressure pad switch is included for fast and safe system activation without sacrificing your combat grip.
To facilitate rapid transition from long-range to short, iron sights are integrated on the right side of the housing and set at a 45° angle. A simple rotation on the grip is all that is needed to change from the primary optic to the familiar iron sights. A short rail on the top of the sight allows for accessories or transitional optics such as holographic or dot sights to be mounted without interring with the magnified optic. The ICS features 0.5 MOA per click impact point correction and a ±60 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range.
Complementing the versatile usability of the sight is a lightweight aluminum alloy housing with a corrosion and scratch-resistant matte-black anodized finish. The housing is nitrogen filled for fogproof performance with wide temperature changes, and O-ring sealed to make it submersible to as much as 32'. A broad -40 to 149°F operating temperature enables the sight to work in extreme weather and conditions. The ICS comes with a Picatinny/Weaver quick-release rail mount and it runs on a single CR123A battery.
- 6x magnification
- 40mm objective lens
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- 21' field of view at 100 yards
- 4° angle of view
Intelligent BDC Calculator
- Class 1 eye safe IR laser, peak wavelength: 905nm
- Integrated ranging laser measures distance to target
- Built-in inclinometer calculates angle to target
- User enters ammunition specs and software calculates ballistic properties
- Software adjusts aiming dot placement based on range, angle and user-defined round ballistics
- Ranging time: to target at 550yd / 500 m is 1 second, to target at 765 yd / 700 m is 2 seconds
- Remote pressure pad switch included for activating system while maintaining safe grip on weapon
Use and Handling
- Red aiming dot
- Variable-intensity with four selectable levels
- 0.5 MOA impact point correction
- ±60 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range
- Integrated iron sights on the right side of housing set at 45° angle for fast transition from CQB to ranged use
- Fixed parallax at 100m
- Lightweight aluminum housing
- Scratch and corrosion-resistant matte-black anodized finish
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and waterproof to 32'
- Integrated quick-release Picatinny/Weaver rail mount
- Accessory Picatinny/Weaver rail on top
- Wide -40 to 149°F operating temperature
- Runs on one CR123A battery