The Glidecam DEV 4 Dolly features 4 ft rails and can be set up on flat surfaces or two tripods or stands. Its large size allows for better control compared to smaller systems, and its frictionless wheel platform ensures highly quiet, smooth, and consistent slides with loads of up to 50 lb. Optional 4 ft rail extensions are also available (model # XDV 4) to give you the travel distance for more dynamic shots.
The rails lock into the end mounts, and the wheels cannot roll past the mounts. There are three sets of four wheels secured into heavy-duty wheel mounts on the camera baseplate. All three sets can be rotated 360° by simply lifting the baseplate and turning the wheels. Between takes, you can turn the front set of wheels 90° and it will function as a brake so that your baseplate stays in place.
The end mounts offer 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the bottom for tripod/stand mounting, and the baseplate has a total of 28 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes.
- 4 ft rails (optional 4 ft extensions available)
- 50 lb payload
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod/stand mount holes on the bottom of the end mounts
- Wheels cannot roll past the end mounts
- Front wheels can easily be rotated 90° to function as a brake between takes
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the baseplate
- Carry case included