The 500088 from MuxLab is an audio converter and downmixer offering simple setup and operation for converting a stereo or multichannel digital input to a stereo analog output in home theaters, demo rooms, and more. It converts an optical TOSLINK or digital coaxial input to stereo RCA analog outputs. It has digital coaxial and optical TOSLINK inputs and supports up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution.
It works with uncompressed 2-channel PCM (pulse code modulation) S/PDIF signals and compressed Dolby Digital and DTS surround formats. Configuration is easy; simply make the necessary connections (one optical TOSLINK cable included), power on the unit via the supplied 5 VDC power supply, then set the input switch to the desired input source.
- Converts uncompressed stereo digital PCM signal (S/PDIF) to stereo RCA analog outputs
- Converts compressed surround Dolby Digital or DTS input to stereo RCA analog outputs
- Digital coaxial (S/PDIF) and optical (TOSLINK) inputs
- Stereo RCA analog outputs
- Up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution
- Selectable input source via switch
- Lock and power status indicators
- Includes power supply and TOSLINK optical cable