The PL-mount Cinema EOS C300 Mark II Camcorder Body features a Super 35mm CMOS. This provides faster and more accurate autofocusing to assist users when operating with small crews. Canon's Log 3 Gamma supports 14 stops of dynamic range.
The PL lens mount features compatibility not only with a broad range of compatible cine lenses from manufacturers like Angenieux and Zeiss, but also with Canon's burgeoning line of EF Cinema lenses for PL mount. The Super 35mm sensor is paired with the Canon DIGIC DV 5 image processor, which uses an innovative method of breaking out red, green, and blue data to enable color performance on a level that would otherwise require three separate chips. The camera records up to 4K DCI resolution video to CFast 2.0 cards. For more flexibility to adjust your image during postproduction, the camera also offers Canon's Log gamma mode, which results in excellent tonal reproduction in the highlight and lowlight regions of an image, and an expanded dynamic range.
In terms of connections, the camcorder features two 3G-SDI outputs, timecode I/O, and genlock input BNCs. The body has a modular design that can either be stripped down completely or be built up using the included handle, 4" rotating LCD unit with full controls, grip, and thumb rest.
- Canon Log 3 achieves a dynamic range of 1600% with 14 stops of dynamic range, and can be ideal for middle end users that have a limited budget for post-production, and need quick turnaround.
- A reduction in the dark noise level when shooting in Canon Log 2 mode. Streaking and black sun spots have been reduced in all modes by changing the CMOS sensor control.
- ACES 1.0 Output via SDI/HDMI
- Magnify Function During REC
- Additional lens functionality is now available with the Cine -Servo 50 to 1000mm, Cine-Servo 17 to 120mm, Compact-Servo 18 to 80mm, and Dual Pixel Focus Guide has been added to the EF mount Canon Cinema prime lenses. Please note that you may need to also upgrade the firmware in your lens to access this functionality.