The Sledge 2.0 from StudioLogic is a 61-key synthesizer that builds upon the original Sledge by offering an auto dual mode, sampler player, pitch & hold controls, simultaneous reverb and delay effects, expanded polyphony, and Spectre, a sample-editor software.
Like the original Sledge, the synthesizer is powered by Waldorf with the latest modeling technology, delivering a wide range of classic analog synthesizer waveforms plus a complete set of wavetables derived directly from the mother of all digital synthesizers, the PPG Wave. The sample player is accessed through Osc 1, allowing for new sounds and waveforms to be loaded into 60MB of Flash memory and fully integrated into the sound shaping generators such as filters, envelopes, effects and more.
Three oscillators plus a noise generator are fed into the powerful Sledge multimode filter which produces sounds from smooth and soft to fat and harsh. The fast envelope generators pack some serious punch, while two onboard LFOs and the Mod-Wheel offer huge modulation capabilities. Additionally, two built-in effect units deliver sophisticated synthesizer effects such as Chorus, Phaser and Flanger, as well as a rich Reverb and analog-style Delay.
The Sledge Synthesizer offers dedicated controls for all parameters, which have been clearly and ergonomically arranged and placed directly at your fingertips. There are no double or multiple functions on any of the knobs or push-buttons which makes sound design fun and easy.
- Auto Dual Mode: Allows for the playing of two sounds simultaneously in Split or Layer mode. The Dual Sound combinations can be permanently stored in any of the 1,000 available presets
- Sample Player: Sound samples and new waves can be loaded in the internal 60MB of Flash memory, played by Osc 1 and modified by all parameters of the control panel, including the addition of other oscillators, setting filters, envelopes, and effects
- Pitch & Hold Controls: Pitch and the Hold works can work in tandem with the Dual Mode Split function, allowing the use of the Pitch bend on the Upper sound (i.e. for solo parts) and the Hold pedal to control only the Lower (to keep playing a Drums groove or as a Damper for a Piano sound) and vice versa. The function can be used when Layering sounds to enable Pitch Bend and Hold on both Upper and Lower sounds
- Reverb+Delay: A new effect algorithm that mixes Reverb and Delay
- Enhanced Polyphony: The total maximum number or notes that can be played at the same time have been expanded to 24, allowing for better real time control over new sound possibilities obtained from synthesis and sampling together
- Spectre Sample Editing Software: Samples can be edited (keyboard range, tuning and other parameters) and transmitted to Sledge 2.0 by the USB port. With this easy-to-use software, samples can be loaded and played from the computer and then downloaded into the instruments memory
- 61-key analog-modeling synthesizer with the latest Waldorf DSP plus classic sounds and wavetables
- Features 999 inspiring sounds and 24-voice polyphony
- Offers three oscillators, two fast LFO's and two envelopes per voice
- Oscillator shapes include Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, Sine and Pulse
- Multi-mode filter includes lowpass, highpass, bandpass and more
- Built-in noise generator with selectable white and pink noise
- Built-in arpeggiator features latch mode, direction up, direction down, alternate and more
- Two built-in effect units deliver Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Reverb and analog-style Delay
- User-friendly interface with an easy-to-read layout