The HoverCam Ultra 8 is a compact document camera that allows you to present images, graphs, documents, and various other material to an audience, and to record your presentation so you can post it on YouTube, TeacherTube, or other venue if you'd like.
The Ultra 8 features an adjustable 8MP camera head that can be rotated to capture your document in a live view, as a high-resolution image, or as a Full HD video, all the while showing the captured image on a display in real-time.
The Ultra 8 offers multiple output options for connecting to a display. You get HDMI, VGA, USB 3, and USB 2 connectors, and can connect to HDTVs, projectors, and interactive whiteboards.
It also features an LCD viewing monitor that shows exactly what your audience sees on the output display, so you don't have to turn and look at that display. The LCD also has touchscreen controls, such as zoom, record, and focus, providing for a simple and easy navigation and control experience.
If you choose to record everything as a video file, you can turn the camera head towards you to incorporate yourself in the presentation, or likewise turn it towards others in attendance or anyone or anything else in sight. You can also zoom in on an image by up to 320 times, meaning you can enlarge the tiniest details on images.
Furthermore, 4 built-in LEDs illuminate the image to make its details better visible, and a built-in microphone captures your narration or any other sound heard during the presentation. The mic is also designed with built-in noise reduction, so it will provide more professional-sounding audio.
In addition, you can add annotations, effects, and filters to the presentation. The majority of the features and effects are accessible via the included Flex 10 software (Windows), which in most cases goes hand-in-hand with the Ultra 8 and allows you to do a lot with it. Among the available features you'll find Picture-in-Picture and Mask, which provide for highly enhanced and interactive presentations.
Everything image or video you record can be stored to a microSD card (an 8GB card is included) or directly to your computer.
The Ultra 8 can be used on your desktop or securely mounted to a podium, lectern, or AV cart.
- 8MP camera with 2" minimum focal distance
- HDMI, VGA, USB 3, and USB 2 output display connectors
- LCD preview monitor with touchscreen controls, such as zoom, record, and focus
- Auto-focus, auto-focus lock, select region focus
- Up to 3264 x 2448 still image resolution
- Full HD 1080p video resolution
- Up to 320x zoom (4x ASR, 8x interpolated digital, 10x mechanical zoom)
- Built-in microphone with noise reduction
- 4 x built-in, ultra-bright LEDs
- SD card slot (8GB microSD card included)
- Includes Flex 10 software that allows for annotations, masks, Picture-in-Picture, and more
- RS232C serial control interface
Flex 10 PC Software
- Compatible with Windows 7 and above
- Record hundreds of hours of no-lag HD video (.avi, .mov, .mp4, .mjpg) and image files (.png, .jpg, .pdf, .bmp, .tiff, .jpeg2000) direct to your hard drive over a USB cable connection
- Select any region on screen to record
- Annotate live video when recording with Freehand, Text, Highlighter, Answer Mask, and Shapes annotation tools
- Drag-and-drop any image or video into MS office or IWB software
- Share live video on SMARTBoard, Promethean, eBeam, Mimio, TWAIN Driver
- 360° image rotation
- Controls include auto white balance, brightness, contrast, saturation, and freeze frame
- Live Adaptive Sensor Resolution (ASR) zoom
- MSI installer included for network installation
- Full file management, importing and exporting of files, stack/collate multiple files into PDF or TIFF
- Display and/or record Picture-in-Picture (PIP) from a second video camera
- Document scanning
- Cropping and timer enables quick batch scanning
- Take snapshots at user specified time intervals or by user movement and save as PDF or TIFF
- Use as a USB 3.0 webcam and for collaborative work with Skype, WebEx, Zoom, and GoToMeeting (through screen sharing)