The DSLR Cage Rig from CAME-TV is a universal camera cage designed to fit DSLRs such as the Canon 5D Mark III and 7D, as well as mirrorless cameras such as the Panasonic GH4 and Sony a7 series. A quick release plate is used to attach your camera, making it easy to transition to handheld shooting when a cage isn't required. The plate features a back stop to prevent your camera form twisting while operating, and is secured in place using a push-button safety pin to prevent it from accidentally coming off the cage.
A cutout at the bottom of the cage provides access to the battery compartment of your camera, facilitating easy battery swaps without having to remove the camera from the cage. The cage has built-in 15mm rod clamps at the bottom and includes a pair of 13.8" long rods, useful for mounting optional accessories such as a follow focus, matte box, or external battery solution. For tripod mounting, the entire cage mounts onto an included dovetail plate, giving you sliding range to help balance out front- or rear-heavy rigs.
The aluminum cage features 1/4"-20 accessory mounting threads along the top and sides, with each threaded hole lined with stainless-steel Heli-Coils to prevent the aluminum threads from stripping. The included top handle assembly adds a shoe mount and attaches to the top of the cage for carrying the camera rig.
- Universal cage fits popular DSLR and mirrorless cameras, such as the Canon 5D/7D, Panasonic GH4, and Sony a7 series
- Quick release plate for quickly attaching and removing camera
- Back top on plate to prevent camera twisting
- Push button safety pin to prevent accidental release of the camera plate
- Cut-out in cage for access to camera's battery compartment
- 15mm rod baseplate
- Dovetail plate
- CNC milled from billet aluminum
- 1/4"-20 accessory-mounting threads lined with stainless-steel Heli-Coils