Simplify the recording process and attain the audio performance of a large-format console in a compact and elegant desktop package with the Audient iD22, a high-performance 10x14 USB audio interface designed by respected experts for musicians, producers, songwriters, and more.
The iD22 boasts a pair of the same Class-A mic preamps found in Audient's world-class consoles, ensuring gold-star treatment for your dynamic or phantom-powered condenser microphones. A harmonically rich JFET 1/4" instrument input is also provided, so you can plug your guitar or bass directly into the interface and get the character of valve amplifiers. Each analog input channel offers switches for 48V phantom power, a -10 dB pad, polarity reverse, and a high-pass filter.
Outfitted with 24-bit / 96 kHz Burr-Brown AD/DA converters, the iD22 delivers premium accuracy while remaining natural and musical, devoid of problems caused by distortion and unstable clocking. The inclusion of a TOSLINK optical input port enables expansion for more recording channels via an ADAT- or S/PDIF-equipped external mic preamp or A/D converter. Use the TOSLINK optical output to feed tracks to a digital mixing console, a multichannel headphone distribution system, or a high-end D/A converter.
With stereo 1/4" main and alt monitor outputs, an independent Class-AB headphone output, and comprehensive console-style monitor control, the iD22 interface lets you listen to your content in high quality, smoothly adjust your levels, and access dim, cut, mono sum, and more. Plus, there's the revolutionary ScrollControl, a function that can be used to control anything over which your mouse pointer hovers.
DAW software, virtual instruments, samples, cabinet simulation, and more are included to get you started on your path toward achieving polished productions. The iD22 connects to your Mac/Windows host computer via USB and it includes a 12 VDC power supply to provide reliable power for its premium circuitry.
Two Class-A Microphone Preamps
With two pairs of balanced 1/4" stereo speaker outputs and an independent Class-AB 1/4" headphone output, you can enjoy clear and convenient monitoring through your favorite headphones as well as main and secondary active monitors.
8-Channel Digital I/O Expansion
The iD22 features a TOSLINK optical output for sending two channels of S/PDIF or up to eight channels of ADAT to an external mixer, a multichannel D/A converter, or a headphone distribution system.
Pad, Polarity, and High-Pass Filter Switches
When not using the virtual scroll wheel, the iD button can be assigned to control the unit's monitoring features such as dim, polarity reverse, mono sum, talkback, and more.
Console-Style Monitor Controller
- Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE 2: Turn your Mac/Windows computer or iPad into an easy-to-use music studio with all the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing, for everything from the initial musical idea to the final track.
- Steinberg Retrologue 2: This virtual instrument emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers, producing a wealth of sounds that will inspire you time and again.
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE: Software emulations of three classic Waldorf products, including the legendary synth PPG Wave 2, drum module Attack, and filter D-pole.
- Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound: A speaker and miking simulation plug-in with eight carefully selected cab emulations, including emulations of MesaBoogie, Fender, and Ampeg.
- GForce M-Tron Pro LE: An industry-standard emulation of the classic Mellotron tape playback keyboard.
- The Sample Boutique from Loopmasters: Over 2GB of drum loops, synth loops, vocal loops, and more.
- Produce Like a Pro: Three free online courses full of valuable insight and techniques.
- Subitopiano: Get 20 minutes of time (at no extra cost) recording your MIDI tracks on a real grand piano through a specifically designed and fully automated studio, all over the web.