REV - Reverse Instrument Suite from Output is a massive collection of instruments, loops, rises, and pads all based on reverse sound. Well suited for producers, composers and musicians, the REV suite utilizes the Native Instruments Kontakt 5 player and is packed with over 14 GB of content including complex synths, multi-layered organic pads, real instruments, loops, rises, pulses, swells, stutters, and more. All sounds were professionally recorded in a commercial recording facility.
REV can create a broad palette of sounds by way of its four engines: Instruments, Loops, Rises, and Timed Instruments. Each engine offers global effects, including distortion, bit-crush, filter, delay, reverb, and EQ. All of the effects can be engaged from the panel or played in real-time via a MIDI controller. Additionally, each engine offers a stutter effect, a multimode filter, and dedicated envelopes for the filter and amplifier.
There are nearly 500 presets available in Instrument and Timed Instrument engines, which are broken up into categories including, Fundamentals, Pads, Pulses, Swells, Plucked, ReTron, Simple, Sling-Shot, Sound Design, Stutter One-Shots, Aggressive, and Percussive. Each patch offers two layers with controls for volume, pan, and tuning and both are mixed in the main section. The Instruments engine offers a global sample start, which lengthens or shortens the reversed sound based on user preference. The Timed Instruments engine is controlled by note duration and include settings for whole, half, and quarter notes.
The Loops engine has a single window interface and utilizes recordings of real instruments, organized into categories including Acoustic Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar Harmonics, Bells-Bowls-Glass, Cymbals-Shaker, Percussion, Aggressive, Pulses, Atmospheres, Swells, and Sound Design. Once a bank is pulled up, 24 loops are laid out across the keyboard, while another two octaves control what key the loops is played in. Additionally, the speed of the loop can run in half time or double time and all loops will stay in sync with the host tempo.
Similar to the Loops engine setup, Rise offers three banks of sounds, A, B, and C, which are separated by duration and type. Each bank offers durations from a quarter note to four bars, but the half and double settings effectively provide a range from an eighth note to eight bars. The three types offered include rises that end abruptly, rises with a tail, and electro rises, which include an effect such as a building filter sweep.
1,000+ Reverse Instruments
- REV comes with over 1,000 presets all playable in reverse and in real time
- Use any of the built-in presets or start from scratch and build your own
Play Free or Lock to Tempo
- All of REV’s instruments can either be played freely or locked to a tempo
- Notes can be set to whole note, half note, or quarter note duration
Live Recorded Loops
- The REV loops engine gives you thousands of possibilities all of which were recorded live
- All loops lock to tempo, are adjustable by speed and are spread across two octaves
- Play multiple loops at once, add stutters, filters or FX to make it your own
Perfectly Timed Rises
- Rises can be used in a variety of different genres and are very prominent in electronic music, trailer music or any song that needs a nice build up or transition
- Rises come in all forms and are adjustable by key and speed
- REV rises engine does all of the work for you by locking to tempo so you don’t have to do any manual editing
Stutters, Filters & FX
- Break up and customize your patches significantly with built-in volume and pitch stutter FX
- Sync to tempo or adjusted freely
- REV also comes with built FX and FX presets which let you customize filters, envelopes, distortion, saturation, lo-fi, chorus, delays, reverb, EQ & more
- FX can be automated and triggered by keys on the keyboard