The GIO Series GRG121DX from Ibanez is a solidbody electric guitar constructed with a double-cutaway mahogany body featuring an attractive metallic gray sunburst gloss finish, a slim bolt-on maple neck with a bound 24-fret rosewood fingerboard, and sharktooth inlay. The fixed bridge brings out the natural resonance and sustain of the wood.
For electronics, the guitar is fitted with a pair of IBZ-6 humbucking neck and bridge pickups, along with a 5-way selector switch, single volume and tone controls. The pickups and controls offer a wide range of tones that accentuate the wood's rich harmonics, and are responsive to the player's fretting and picking dynamics.
- Neck Type: GRG Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Bound rosewood fingerboard with sharktooth inlay
- Frets: 24, jumbo
- Bridge: Fixed
- Neck Pickup: IBZ-6 (Humbucker, passive/ceramic)
- Bridge Pickup: IBZ-6 (Humbucker, passive/ceramic)
- Hardware Color: Black
- Scale: 25.5" / 648 mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43 mm
- Width at 14th Fret: 2.3" / 58 mm
- Thickness at 1st: 0.8" / 19.5 mm
- Thickness at 7th: 0.8" / 21. 5mm
- Radius: 15.7" / 400 mm