Upping your mobile photography capabilities, the DxO ONE is a sleek digital camera designed for use with your iPhone or iPad. Its compact, take-everywhere form factor incorporates a Lightning connector for attaching to your iOS device, and a dedicated app offers intuitive camera control, image playback, and live view shooting. In regards to imaging, the ONE features a large 20.2MP 1" BSI-CMOS sensor to benefit working in a variety of lighting conditions and enables the SuperRAW capture mode for increased clarity and reduced noise for extreme low-light shooting. Full HD 1080p/30 video recording is also supported as well as the use of shutter speeds up to 1/20,000 sec. and sensitivities to ISO 51200. The wide-angle 32mm f/1.8 equivalent lens also complements working in difficult lighting conditions, as well as enables greater control over depth of field. The ONE is built to expand mobile imaging possibilities while retaining the intuitiveness and efficiency of always having your camera with you.
As a complement to your existing iPhone or iPad, the ONE retains a self-contained design and utilizes an internal lithium-ion battery for power and accepts microSD memory cards for saving your imagery. Dedicated shooting modes, such as Selfie or Sports, can be used in addition to conventional manual exposure modes, and a contrast-detection AF system helps to ensure sharp results with touch-to-focus control accessible via the iOS app.
The DxO is compatible with the iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad Air 2, Air, mini 3, 2, or iPad (4th gen.), running iOS 8 or later, via the Lightning connector.
Beyond still imagery, the ONE can also record full HD 1080p/30 video as well as HD 720p/120 movies.
The fast f/1.8 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and benefits working in low-light conditions. Shallow depth of field imagery is further complemented by a six-blade diaphragm for a smooth out-of-focus quality.
- Sleek, portable construction is designed to be used in conjunction with an iPhone or iPad and connects via the mobile device's Lightning port.
- Lightning connector is collapsible to maintain a sleek form factor when not connected to an iPhone or iPad.
- +/- 60° pivoting design better supports working from high and low shooting angles as well as front-facing selfie compositions.
- A built-in sliding lens cover both protects the lens when not in use and turns the camera on when ready to shoot.
- An OLED touchscreen allows intuitive control over settings when shooting unconnected to an iPhone or iPad.
- Both a gyroscope and an accelerometer are used to recognize the shooting orientation.
- Compact form factor is accentuated by a forged aluminum alloy shell for durability.
- A micro-USB port allows you to connect the ONE to a computer for offloading imagery and also serves as the charging port for the internal battery.
- Built-in lithium-ion battery offers approximately 200 shots per charge.
- Image files can be saved to a microSD memory card as well as transferred directly to the iOS device.
- A contrast-detection AF system helps to ensure precise focusing as closely as 7.9" away. Face-detection is also available to bias focusing performance on recognized faces within the scene.
- Single-shot, continuous, and tap-to-focus focusing modes are available.
- For adjusting your field of view, 3x digital zoom can be used to gain a closer perspective of your subject.
- Two-stage shutter button allows you to pre-focus and meter prior to making the exposure.
- Electronic image stabilization is available for video recordings in order to minimize the appearance of handheld camera shake.
- Selfie mode is automatically detected and starts a 3-2-1 countdown as well as brightens your iPhone/iPad's screen for increased lighting on your face. Camera modes: Auto, Sports, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Program, Aperture Priority, Speed Priority, Manual, and Selfie.