How Video Works raises the curtain on how video is created, scanned, transmitted, stored, compressed, encoded, delivered and streamed to its multitude of destinations. In today's digital world, every content creator - individual as well as network or corporation - must understand the process of how video works in order to deliver not only the best quality video, but a digital video file with the most appropriate specifications for each particular use. This complete guide covers key stages of video development, from image capture to the final stages of delivery and archiving, as well as workflows and modern technologies, including Ultra High Definition, metadata, signal monitoring, streaming and managing video files - all presented in an easy to understand way. Whether you are a professional or new video technician discovering the ins and outs of digital distribution, this book has the information you need to succeed.
- Sections on image capture as well as streaming and video workflows
- A hands-on approach to using digital scopes and monitoring the video signal
- Thorough explanations of managing video files, including codecs and wrappers
- In-depth coverage of compression, encoding, and metadata
- A complete explanation of video and audio standards, including Ultra HD
- An overview of video recording and storage formats
- A complete glossary of terms for video, audio and broadcast