Tame your noisy guitar effects chain with the Electro-Harmonix Silencer, a noise gate pedal with a built-in gated effects loop. The three-control layout provides precise fine-tuning to fit your system, guitar, and playing style. The Threshold knob adjusts how much level is required to open the noise gate and allow a signal to pass through. The Reduction knob regulates the degree to which the gated signal is reduced, and can be adjusted between -70 and +4 dB. Release controls how long the gate remains open after the signal drops below the threshold. Release time is variable between 8ms and 4 seconds.
The pedal's I/O includes 1/4" Input, Output, Send and Return jacks. The footswitch selects whether the pedal is engaged or not, and its buffered bypass allows the effects loop to remain in your signal path when the gate is bypassed. The pedal can be powered by the included 9V battery, or by an optional AC adapter.
- Three controls for precise fine-tuning
- Use it as an inline noise gate or to gate an entire effects loop
- Delivers up to -70 dB of noise reduction
- Features 8 ms to 4 seconds of release time
- Buffered bypass
- Compact design, rugged chassis
- Power via 9V battery or optional AC adapter