The Pacifica from A-Designs is a stereo, solid-state microphone preamplifier that captures the sound of the legendary Quad Eight Pacifica console, offering a big, warm tone without being dark and a sweet, open top end. The preamp features two channels with a unique DI signal path that utilizes two transformers for added depth and a richer tone. The custom wound Cinemag transformers are of a proprietary design by A-Designs.
The Pacifica offers an ultra-wide bandwidth of 9 Hz to 101 kHz with less than 1% distortion, resulting in rich, harmonic content, while reducing in-band phase shifts for more realism. Each channel features a phase reversal switch, -20 dB pad, and 48V phantom power, while the 72 dB of quiet gain is more than enough for ribbon microphones. The Pacifica is handmade in the USA and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- Two-channel, solid state preamp with two front-panel Hi-Z inputs
- Captures the sound quality of the legendary Quad Eight Pacifica console with even more presence and high-end
- Very warm and full tone without being dark; wide bandwidth with a sweet top end
- Custom-wound Cinemag input and output transformers
- Input transformer: A-Designs proprietary input transformer with unique winding
- Output Transformer: A-Designs proprietary alloy using the same massive design as the original Quad Eight
- 72 dB of quiet gain, great for use with ribbon mics
- Unique DI design sends signal through the input transformer for two transformers in the signal path
- Balanced XLR I/O
- Phase reversal (each channel)
- -20 dB pad (each channel)
- +48V phantom power (each channel)
- Solid construction, handmade in the USA