Inspired by the Ampeg B-15 tube bass amp, the REDDI from A-Designs is an all-tube direct box for guitar, bass, and other instruments. The REDDI utilizes a 6N1-P tube-driven amplifier that feeds a hefty custom-wound Cinemag transformer, which imparts a harmonically rich tone. The wide-band frequency range (20 Hz to 60 kHz) prevents in-band phase shifts, resulting in outstanding detail and realism. Another benefit of the wide bandwidth is the prevention of low-frequency phase shift by maintaining a linear response extending below the audible bass range, ensuring a full, natural sound.
The REDDI features a Neutrik XLR-1/4" combo connector input, a balanced XLR output, and a 1/4" thru-put, for sending signal to an amplifier. Additional features include a 0-16 dB level control and blue LED indicator on the front panel, and heavy-duty toggle switches for power and ground lift on the back panel. The REDDI is made in the USA and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- All-tube direct box with custom output transformer
- Ultra wide frequency range (20 Hz to 60 kHz)
- Neutrik combo XLR-1/4" input connector, balanced XLR out, and 1/4” thru jack
- Inspired by the Ampeg B-15
- Clean and airy high end, warmth, transparency, and high-quality sound
- Level control
- Ground lift
- Bright blue LED on/off lamp
- Zero-feedback loop design
- Massive, custom-wound transformers
- 6NI-P tube
- Low-Z, transformer-balanced output