The GP-10 Guitar Processor from BOSS is a fast-reacting and accurate guitar processor for use with the included GK-3 pickup attached to any type of electric guitar. The processor utilizes COSM technology to model acoustic and electric guitars, bass, synthesizers, and polyphonic effects. The technology also allows you to change the tuning of your guitar without touching your tuners and features alternate tunings for Open D, E, G, A, as well as Drop D to A, D-Modal, Nashville, and -12 to +12 pitch shifting. Additionally, the GP-10 offers a multitude of effects including preamp simulations, overdrive/distortion, wah, chorus, delay, reverb, EQ, and noise suppression.
The included GK-3 Divided Pickup attaches to any steel-stringed electric guitar (no drilling necessary) and delivers accurate performance data to the GP-10, sending individual signals from each guitar string to the device. The pickup's slim-line design enables ideal placement on the guitar, while a big and smooth GK knob and Select Switch allow for selecting patches and effects, as well as amp and instrument models.
Versatility for Stage and Studio Playing
- The compact GP-10 is both an instrument modeling processor and a powerful multi-effects unit. Its multi-effects section features flagship-level COSM amps and effects, and these can be used with any guitar via a standard 1/4" cable. Plugging into the GP-10’s GK input with a Roland GK-compatible pickup and a 13-pin cable unlocks the instrument modeling section, opening up a world of amazing sonic possibilities for both live playing and studio recording
Instantly Change Your Guitar's Tuning
- With a GK-compatible pickup, the GP-10 allows you to change your guitar’s tuning with the press of a pedal. There’s no need to change instruments or manually re-tune for different songs or styles—just dial up the tuning you need in the GP-10 and go. Play slide in open tunings like G and E, enjoy shimmering 12-string tones, or drop your entire guitar down in semitone steps for massive, ultra-heavy riffs. There are many tuning presets to choose from, and you can also create your own customized tunings for any application
World-Class Collection of Classic Guitars, Synths, and More
- In addition to instant tuning changes, using a GK-compatible pickup with the GP-10 lets you change your instrument’s entire sound as well. On hand are classic modeled electric guitars with single coils and humbuckers, plus steel- and nylon-string acoustics, basses, banjo, resonator, fretless guitar, and even a sitar! The GP-10 also includes an impressive analog-modeled synth engine that powers an authentic emulation of the famous Roland GR-300 analog guitar synth and a super-fat OSC Synth with two oscillators and many easily adjustable sound parameters. In addition, a selection of cool “Poly FX” deliver unique sounds only possible with GK processing, allowing you to take your playing into exciting new territory. Modeled sounds can be blended with your guitar’s normal sound, putting an infinite range of tones under your fingers
Natural, Ultra-Responsive COSM Amps
- A core factor that defines an electric guitar’s sound is the amplifier type, and the GP-10 is filled with them. 30 different amps are at your disposal, including classic combos, vintage stacks, and modern high-gain amps, along with bass amps for modeled bass tones, and a full-range amp for acoustic sounds. Powered by custom BOSS DSP and the latest developments in COSM technology, the amps in the GP-10 deliver organic, responsive tone, with adjustable settings to vary the natural compression and playing feel. All the GP-10’s amps can be used with either normal guitars or those equipped with a GK pickup
- Inside the GP-10 is a wide selection of flagship effects derived from the GT-100. Most can be used with a normal guitar (without a GK pickup), allowing the GP-10 to do double-duty as an effects processor for any guitar gig. Included are overdrives, distortions, mod effects, delay, reverb, and more, as well as intelligent harmony, and other great effects. The onboard expression pedal can be used for foot volume or effects such as wah, Pedal Bend, and others
USB Audio/MIDI Interface Built-In
- The GP-10 features an onboard USB audio/MIDI interface, making it easy to record great amp and effect tones in your favorite DAW with any axe. But when you use a GK-equipped guitar, the GP-10 becomes an enormously powerful creative tool that expands your production capabilities beyond any standard guitar processor. For example, you can record the audio output of each of your guitar’s strings on separate tracks, either processed with the GP-10 or captured dry for later processing. When you record unprocessed sounds in this way, you have the ability to not only re-amp the tracks through the GP-10’s amps, but to “re-guitar” as well, using the GP-10’s instrument modeling to change the sound to anything you want after the fact! The guitar-to-MIDI function allows you to stretch your creativity even further, using your guitar to play soft synths, capture MIDI sequences, and input MIDI data into notation software on your computer
Boss Tone Studio and Boss Tone Central
- Available as a free download, the BOSS TONE STUDIO software makes it simple to edit and organize your GP-10 patches on your Mac or Windows computer. In addition, the software provides direct access via USB to the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website, which offers a continually growing collection of free, ready-to-play GP-10 patches created by some of the world’s top guitarists