Lightweight at 2.2 lb, The microKEY2-49 from Korg is a slim USB-powered MIDI controller with a pitch wheel, a mod wheel, and a set of 49 velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini keys.
An assignable jack affords you the ability to use a sustain pedal, while two octave-shift buttons allow you to change the range of this three-octave unit. You can make edits to MIDI parameters using the Korg KONTROL Editor software, which is available for free download on the Korg website. This can be useful in customizing the microKEY2 to your specific sensibilities, such as adapting the instrument's velocity curve to your individual touch.
The controller includes the Korg Software Bundle. Finally, purchasing the Korg microKEY2 will allow you to download a limited version of the Reason DAW.
- USB powered by your computer, iPad, or iPhone
- 49-key, velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini keyboard
- Pitch wheel, mod wheel, and two octave-shift buttons
- Jack for damper pedal
Korg Software Bundle Included
- UVI's Digital Synsations module provides sampled emulations of classic digital and hybrid synths from the early 1990s
- Lounge Lizard Session, the sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, provides expressive electric piano sounds
- Applied Acoustics Systems' Strum Acoustic Session is a physical-modeling software synthesizer that lets you play acoustic guitar parts with the expressiveness of an acoustic instrument
- Ultra Analog Session, also by Applied Acoustics Systems, is an analog-modeling synthesizer featuring analog-style synth sounds
- Korg M1 Le is a software synthesizer that brings the sounds of the M1 music workstation to your computer
- Korg KONTROL Editor MIDI-mapping software allows you to set the keyboard to respond to one of eight distinct velocity curves or set a fixed-velocity value. This is useful in customizing the microKEY2 to your personal playing style