The black M 18 Digital Mixer from RCF is a fully integrated solution for musicians with maximum flexibility and comfort granted by internal power supply, 18 input channels, integrated Wi-Fi access point, and antennas. It features six XLR and two combo connectors which are present on the rear panel and provide 8 mic-preamp inputs, designed to lay the foundations for a transparent, warm, and dynamic sound.
Line inputs have been developed with the same focus. The 10 TS jacks from 9 to 18 provide the line inputs of the M 18 Mixer. Two of them, 9 and 10, are switchable to Hi-Z (High-Impedance input - 1 MOhm), and allow direct connection of passive or low-level instruments directly, without the need for an adapter. This is the ideal solution for acoustic or electric or bass guitars with passive pickups.
The remote-controlled mic gain allows the user to control the mic preamps and line-input gain even at high distance from the M 18 Mixer enclosure. All the settings are stored in the snapshot memories and can be recalled according to the user’s needs. Six +22 dB balanced AUX outputs are on hand to connect stage monitors or external effect processors, in case the M 18 Mixer’s internal processing is insufficient for the user’s needs. The +22 dB balanced MAIN MIX outputs are supported by a pair of male XLRs.
A headphone stereo output completes the mixer’s audio input and output suite. Using the Personal Mix function, it is possible to create a fully personalized stereo monitor mix. The headphones output also offers MAIN MIX and, alternatively, PFL listening. MIDI In and Out ports are also present on the rear panel, allowing for the connection of various types of MIDI controllers.
The footswitch port allows connection of a single- or double-stage footswitch to recall effects presets or to mute effects returns, as well as providing several other control functions. A USB type-A port allows connection of USB devices, such as pen drives or hard disks, to create a complete stereo system for playback and audio recording. Thus, the mixer supports virtually all audio file formats, both high-quality and compressed. The intuitive graphics of MixRemote App helps the user to navigate between pages and fully control the mixer's parameters.
MixRemote Comprehensive Control App
- MixRemote App enables complete and versatile control of the M 18 Digital Mixer
- Developed for iOS, the MixRemote App has been designed for musicians and is very simple to use, thanks to its intuitive GUI
- Each page or channel functions can be reached with a couple of touches of a single hand, making it convenient to play
Dedicated Interactive App
- Ensures quick and intuitive interaction with the M 18 Digital Mixer
- Offers consistent navigation among pages
- The screen area is divided into 5 different zones
- Main page presents three fader layers to control the FX sends; FX1-FX2-FX3 provide three internal FX feeds
- Main page presents six fader layers to control the AUX sends; AUX1 to AUX6 provide six auxiliary output feeds
EDIT Button Access to the Processing Chain
- EDIT button gives access to the complete processing chain, which is present on every M 18 input channel
- Input Gain with high-pass filter, 48V phantom power switch for MIC input, phase inversion, and Hi-Z selection (available on channels 9 and 10)
- Noise Gate, an essential tool for the use of high-sensitivity microphones
- Professional compressor suitable for managing sources with demanding dynamic program material
- Channels that feature a high-end mic preamp are equipped with a digital gain remote control
- A gate, a dynamic compressor, and a four-band parametric equalizer are present on all input channels
- Each channel strip has three auxiliary sends dedicated to feeding the three internal effects processors and six AUX sends for stage monitors or external effects
- Mixer provides up to 19 simultaneous effects, three of which are defined as SEND EFFECTS and are fed by dedicated FX SENDS
- FX1 is a particularly deep and transparent reverb, providing a realistic simulation of large ambient noise such as halls, rooms, and plates
- FX2 is a professional delay with a tap time up to 2500 ms and dedicated filters on the feedback signal, thus creating interesting sounds and complex tapping effects
- FX3 is an assignable multi-effect with several choices including chorus, flanger, pitch shifter, and others
- MultiFX effects chain option can be applied to up to 4 channels
- Chain of three effects—Pitch Shifter, Chorus/Flanger, Delay—can be inserted into channels 5 and 6 or, alternatively, 7 and 8
- Channels 9 and 10, which also have a selectable Hi-Z input line, provide an insert effect chain of 5 simultaneous effects
Two Amp-Modeling Channels
- Two line inputs can be switched to a Hi-Z mode and host several realistic amp-modeling simulators
- Guitar and bass players can use 11 specifically designed simulators including Darkface ‘65 (US), JazzC (JP), Rock ‘64 (UK), Rock 800 (UK) Crunch, Rock 900 (UK) Lead, Top30 (UK), Modern (US), BassMate (US), BassAmp (DE), Markbass Little Mark III (IT), Markbass TTE 500 (IT)
- Combine each amp with many different cabinets, and explore various sound possibilities, emulating three types of microphone and three distinct positions including Near on axis, Near off axis, and Far from cabinet (3.3’)
- Wide range of integrated sound options allows every musician to re-create his own personal familiar sound without the need to transport heavy amplifiers and cabinets