Available for download, TH-U from Overloud is guitar and bass amplifier and cabinet modeling software that builds upon previous iterations to give you 15 new amplifiers, 14 new cabinets, a new Rig Player, and more. A new shimmer reverb and delay are on hand as well as improved and redesigned cabinet impulse responses. Also, you can loop within the software thanks to the multitrack looper.
Rig Player loads a variety of real-life guitar rigs (amps and cabs of real players) sampled in-house with Overloud's R2M technology. You can switch very quickly among rig models and even match different cabs to different amplifier emulations.
With Amp Tweak, you can customize the tone of your chosen amp model to your exact predilections by swapping out tubes in the preamp stage or the power stage. You'll also notice a virtual variable voltage regulator or Variac knob. This lets you control the tube power-supply voltage, giving you varying degrees of saturation.
A flexible sound chain allows for creating any rig setup without the limitation of prefixed routing paths. Setting up a MIDI floorboard is as easy as clicking an element in the interface and pressing the corresponding pedal in the MIDI floorboard. The software learns the MIDI connection and uses it in any preset automatically.
The sound engine offers a matrix of four microphones that can be placed anywhere using drag-and-drop functionality, including in front or even behind the cabinet. It's also possible to change the relative distance between microphones to obtain phasing effects, and six different room types can be selected.
New to TH-U
- 15 new amplifiers, including the Superlead and Superbass models, Polytone jazz amplifiers and DVmark Triple 6 head
- 14 new cabinets
- Rig Player (with 20 factory rigs), reproduces models captured from real rigs with the R2M (Rig To Model) technology
- Amp Tweak: mod amplifiers by customizing preamp and power amp tubes
- Shimmer Reverb and Shimmer Delay
- Improved and redesigned Cabinet IR module
- New multitrack looper
- Search function on the preset and bank lists
- 239 models, the world's largest collection in a single software plug-in, including Randall, DVmark, Brunetti, and THD authorized modeling, with models approved by original manufacturers
- 89 guitar amplifiers and 4 bass amplifiers
- 50 guitar cabinets and 2 bass cabinets
- 77 pedal and rack effects
- 18 microphone models, with up to four microphones on each cabinet
- Over 1000 presets covering all musical styles
- One preset bank dedicated to the bass
- Amp Tweak technology allows you to mod the amplifiers by changing the preamp and power amp tube models, as well as simulating variac action
- Rig Player, with 20 factory rigs, samples and reproduces the guitar amp/cab setups of real-life guitar players
- Fourth generation analog emulation technology, with proprietary nonlinear processing algorithm
- 3D, gap-less positioning of microphones and room simulation
- Advanced cabinet emulations with ReSPiRe 2 technology
- Built-in convolver to load external guitar cab IRs
- Easy to build or modify custom signal paths
- Intelligent MIDI controls
- BREVERB and SpringAge based reverb effects
- Fully compatibility with TH-3 user presets