Comprising the apt camera body, a pair of lenses, and accessories to help you begin shooting, the black Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Lenses and Accessories Kit from B&H bundles the camera body and versatile zoom lenses with a memory card and a camera bag.
Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)
Offering the speed and versatility required by multimedia photographers, the black Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony combines a high-resolution sensor, hybrid AF system, and apt video recording capabilities, all within a compact and convenient form factor. Pairing a 24.3MP APS-C-sized Exmor HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, this camera is able to record up to 6 fps continuous shooting with notable sensitivity to ISO 25600. Full HD video recording is supported in the high-quality XAVC S codec, with the ability to shoot at 1080p in 60, 30, or 24 fps frame rates. Complementing the multimedia imaging capabilities is the Fast Hybrid AF system, which pairs 179 phase-detection points with 25 contrast-detection points to deliver fast, accurate, and consistent focusing abilities. The a5100 is poised to deliver the all-around performance desired by contemporary photographers while still maintaining the convenience needed for everyday shooting.
In regard to handling, the a5100 sports a sleek design that is characterized by a large 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD monitor, which features a 180° upward tilting design to permit easier viewing from both front-facing and above angles. Furthermore, the LCD is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive control over image playback and menu navigation, as well as the ability to release the shutter and touch-to-focus for pinpoint accuracy. Seven customizable function buttons facilitate efficient control over a variety of settings and modes. Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, with support for NFC-enabled devices, is also integrated into the a5100 to support remote camera control and image sharing to linked mobile devices.
Included with the camera body is a Sony E-mount 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Retractable Zoom Lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-75mm. This range of perspectives is well suited to everyday shooting and is further enhanced through the inclusion of Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Power Zoom technology allows for electronic control over the zoom position and the inclusion of one extra-low dispersion element and four aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as contribute to high overall sharpness.
24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Fast Hybrid AF System
For further refinement, a series of distinct AF modes can be selected from depending on the subject. Eye AF is a detail-oriented focusing function that can prioritize a subject's pupil and dedicate focusing performance on that for sharply-rendered portraits; Lock-on AF is a dedicated focusing method for use with moving subjects and adjusts the target frame size as the subject moves throughout the image frame; AF area settings allow you to prioritize specific regions within the frame for increased accuracy; and AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), and Manual Focus modes can also be chosen.
Full HD Video Recording
Complementing the video capabilities of the a5100, a built-in stereo microphone is incorporated into the design and records audio in the Linear PCM 2-channel format for XAVC S movies, the AC-3 Dolby Digital format for AVCHD movies, and the MPEG-4 AAC-LC format for web-quality MP4 videos.
Manual focus peaking and a zebra function are also available, to benefit working in manual focus and to assure highlight detail is retained, respectively. A marker setting can be shown on the rear LCD as well, in order to display a center marker, guide frame, aspect marker, safety zone, and other pertinent features for video recording.
The body also incorporates a pop-up flash, which features a guide number of 13.1' at ISO 100 for additional illumination in difficult lighting conditions.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Retractable Zoom Lens
Other Camera Features
- The Sony E-mount affords compatibility with an extensive number of lenses and lens adapters.
- An advanced 1200-zone evaluative exposure metering sensor delivers consistent and accurate results using multi-segment, center-weighted, or spot metering modes.
- Auto Object Framing is an intelligent shooting mode that can automatically analyze the scene and subjects within it and determine an aesthetically pleasing composition. The subsequent imagery will be cropped according to subject matter, resulting in a well-balanced composition that utilizes Face Detection and Tracking Focus to ensure high image quality and sharpness.
- Clear Image Zoom can be used to magnify the center of scenes by 2x to effectively extend the reach of any focal length lens. This digital zoom technology uses an intelligent interpolation process to minimize the amount of image degradation in order to produce realistic, high-quality images.
- Picture Effect modes allow you to apply creative settings and emphasize certain facets of individual images for a richer, more aesthetic picture quality. Posterization (Color/B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), and Soft High-Key, Soft Focus (High/Mid/Low), HDR Painting (High/Mid/Low), Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature (Auto/Top/Middle(H)/Bottom/Right/Middle(V)/Left), Watercolor, and Illustration (High/Mid/Low) modes are available.
- Superior Auto mode is an intelligent automated setting that can quickly identify the current shooting environment and adjust crucial camera settings to deliver optimized results. This mode also utilizes Auto HDR and Hand-held Twilight modes, which employ image compositing techniques to better handle difficult lighting conditions.
- Anti-Motion Blur automatically corrects for subject movement in order to deliver clean, sharp imagery in low-light conditions. This is accomplished by recording six sequential frames and compositing portions of each image to ensure overall sharpness.
- Hand-held Twilight Mode automatically composites details from six sequentially-recorded images in order to attain higher overall image sharpness when working in low-light conditions.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) works to improve images featuring backlit subjects or scenes with high contrast where details can be lost in the shadows or highlights. This mode can be controlled automatically or fine-tuned using five settings.
- Creative Style settings provide control over how the camera processes images based on six different predetermined styles: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, and Sepia. Within these settings, contrast, saturation, and sharpness can also be adjusted depending on personal preference.
- A Soft Skin Effect helps to minimize the appearance of wrinkles or blemishes in portraits
- In-camera creation of 4K slide shows is possible for rich playback to ultra high definition televisions. An HDMI port is incorporated into the camera's design too, to enable direct connection to HDTVs.
- TRILUMINOS Color support is afforded by the a5100 to produce rich, natural colors when imagery is viewed on a TRILUMINOS Display.
- Convenient USB charging allows you to charge the included lithium-ion battery in-camera via USB connection from either an AC outlet or PC source.
Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS Lens (Black)
An ideal complement to many kit zooms, the black E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS Lens from Sony opens the door to many telephoto perspectives with its 82.5-315mm equivalent focal length range on APS-C-format E-mount cameras. With an optical design using two extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements users will enjoy images with minimal aberrations. Also, thanks to Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, camera shake will be dramatically reduced, resulting in sharper images. An internal focus design enables fast, responsive AF and a minimum focus distance of 3.3'. Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth, rounded bokeh.
SanDisk 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
Built to meet the demands of photographers and passionate shutterbugs who are using advanced cameras and HD camcorders, the 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card from SanDisk allows users to take advantage of functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. It features a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and delivers maximum read speeds of up to 90 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 40 MB/s. This Extreme UHS-I SDHC card supports the V30 speed class, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 speed class, this card also supports the U3 speed class, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device only supports the Class 10 standard, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk's 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card is water, shock, and x-ray proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing for use in environments such as snow and deserts. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. Downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card also has a writable label on its surface and the included jewel case makes for easy storage and organization. This card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Faster Performance and Downloads
Capacity for High-Resolution Photos and Videos
4K and Full HD Video Recording
Error Correction for Enhanced Relability
Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce Upload Times
Ruggard Onyx 25 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag
Designed for the photographer and videographer alike, the black with yellow trim Onyx 25 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag from Ruggard is designed to hold a compact camcorder with an attached battery or a mirrorless camera up to 6.75" in length. A durable, weather-resistant nylon shell protects your gear from unwanted elements while high-density foam padding helps prevent damage from accidental impact. For added protection and organization, an included touch-connect divider securely holds your camera in place.
Small accessories like a spare battery or cleaning cloth can be slipped into either of the two zippered side pockets or the front slip pocket. In addition, three memory card pockets and an another slip pocket are conveniently located under the opening flap of the bag. Carry your gear by way of the top padded grab handle with an integrated mesh underside for added comfort when carrying by hand. Alternatively, a double-touch built-in loop securely wraps around your belt for hands-free carrying. Or, take advantage of the removable 1" wide shoulder strap that can be adjusted from 28" at its shortest length to 53" at its longest length to accommodate a variety of heights and carrying preferences.