The M2 Giga Manual Panoramic Head from Nodal Ninja is designed for gigapixel high-resolution imaging using telephoto and super telephoto lenses. Nodal Ninja's patented design allows precise positive stops of 7.5/5/4/3.75/3/2.5/2/1.5 intervals on the upper rotator, which can be engaged and changed on-the-fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers.
When paired with the Advanced Rotator D8II (sold separately), it supports up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 550mm equivalent in portrait orientation. The D8III allows precise click stops at 30, 15, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2. Due to the precision of the rotators, each photo can have precise coordinates, which helps to quickly align the photos when stitching.
Being a manual panorama tripod head, Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga is much lighter than a robotic pano head for the same load capacity. There is no battery and charger to carry and no worry of the battery running out during a shooting. The rotator indexing can be turned off for free motion, allowing photographers to capture moving elements such as in a sports, or to capture second shots for an area prone to stitching error by change the overlapping region.
- Based on Arca-type compatible system
- Can act as a gimbal arm for smooth rotation of heavy telephoto lenses at its center of gravity
- Modular design
- Supports long telephoto lens up to 6.6 lb
- Full bearing loaded rotators for smooth and steady rotation
- Upper rotator with adjustable friction to serve as a gimbal arm
- Upper rotator with laser marked index ring with fine 2.5 intervals
- Upper rotator with precise positive stops of 7.5/5/4/3.75/3/2.5/2/1.5 intervals
- Upper rotator can be engaged and changed on the fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers
- Upper and lower rotators with indicators for starting and ending positions, ideal for making mosaics with a large number of images
- Allows photographers to compose the mosaic first and then set the starting and ending positions, horizontally and vertically
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft aluminum and hard anodized, meaning high precision, accuracy, durability, and long lifetime