The Audio-Technica ATM230 is a hypercardioid dynamic instrument microphone made for capturing drums and percussion. The mic's proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high-SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with accurate low-end reproduction.
The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source. It also sports a low-profile design which allows for a wide variety of placements. The ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snares, and other percussion instruments.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Handles high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with accurate attack
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction
- Includes AT8665 drum mount and a soft protective pouch