The Audio-Technica AE2300 is a cardioid instrument microphone that features a proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction, giving it high-frequency and transient response that exceeds typical dynamic microphones. With a rugged, low-profile design and the ability to handle high SPLs, the AE2300 is a versatile performer, able to accurately capture sound from guitar amps, brass and woodwinds, and drums and percussion instruments with equal clarity and precision.
The double-dome diaphragm construction allows the AE2300 to maintain directionality across the entire frequency range, while introducing only the slightest off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0, 90 and 180°) for phase cohesion in multiple-mic setups. The microphone is also equipped with a switchable low-pass filter that cuts out harsh, high-frequency noise, such as hiss from a guitar amp or hi-hat bleed into the snare, without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument. This mic is an especially useful tool in live settings to get a clear, focused sound.
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction that improves high-frequency and transient response
- Maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Minimal off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0, 90, and 180°) helps to maintain phase cohesion in multiple-microphone setups
- Switchable low-pass filter removes harsh, high-frequency hiss without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument
- Low-profile design allows microphone to be placed easily and unobtrusively in a wide variety of setups
- Rugged, brass-metal construction ensures dependable performance in live-music applications
- Includes AT8471 isolation stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch