Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 11AM Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
Supporting data transfer rates up to 2.53 Gbps, the R7800 Nighthawk X4S Dual-Band Wireless-AC2600 Smart Wi-Fi Router from Netgear users can stream multimedia content, transfer large files, game online, send emails, and more all at the same time. With support for up to four separate data streams in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands, and the implementation of MU-MIMO (Multiple User-Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology, each connected user benefits from their own direct connection to the network rather than having to share a single data path. Backing up the enhanced wireless connectivity are four high-performance antennas, a dual-core 1.7 GHz processor, 128 MB flash memory, and 512 MB RAM providing the necessary processing power to virtually eliminate hiccups within the network.
Not only can you connect to the network wirelessly with the N7800 Nighthawk, you can also connect Ethernet enabled devices to any of the four Gigabit Ethernet ports. You can also connect USB compatible peripherals such as hard drives to either of the two USB 3.0 ports. By connecting a hard drive to the router you allow users to access stored files from anywhere on the network. Installation and management of this Netgear router has also been greatly simplified thanks to the Netgear Genie app. This app features an intuitive dashboard complete with the ability to monitor, control, and repair various aspects of the network.
Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
Traditional Wi-Fi routers can stream data to only one device in the home at a time. When multiple devices are connected to the router, each device needs to take its turn, and then wait before receiving more data. This can lead to slower network and Internet speeds. Using Multi-User MIMO technology, Netgear routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your Wi-Fi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
Quad-Stream X4 Architecture
Quad-stream Wave 2 Wi-Fi, means the X4S supports up to four data streams in each Wi-Fi band, maximizing connection speeds for faster gaming and smoother HD video streaming with greater clarity and less buffering.
Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS)
If you like gaming and streaming videos, then you can benefit from Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). Dynamic QoS automatically prioritizes bandwidth to latency sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming by recognizing application and device information as well as bandwidth needs. Dynamic QoS will also ensure that lower priority applications like file downloads will never get completely stopped.
Powerful Dual-Core 1.7 GHz Processor
Basic Wi-Fi routers use simple single-core processors to connect Wi-Fi devices to the Internet. Nighthawk X4S delivers simultaneous dual band Wi-Fi, Quad-Stream performance on each band, Multi-User MIMO, has 5 Gigabit LAN ports, as well as one eSATA and dual USB 3.0 interfaces to connect external USB storage. Using a single-core processor would cause severe performance issues as various processes compete for CPU power. That's why the X4S utilizes a powerful 1.7 GHz dual-core processor to separate processes and prioritize high-performance Wi-Fi connections.
• Fast Wi-Fi-Up to 2.53 Gbps
• 160 MHz support doubles the streaming speeds
• Dual-core 1.7 GHz processor boosts wireless, wired and WAN-to-LAN performance
• Gigabit Wi-Fi
• Gigabit wired for HD gaming and video
• Ultimate range Wi-Fi coverage throughout very large homes
• High-powered amplifiers and 4 high-performance external antennas
• Quad-Stream Wave 2 Wi-Fi increases Wi-Fi speed and range for mobile devices
• Dynamic QoS delivers bandwidth prioritization by application and device
• Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of Wi-Fi connections
• DLNA - Find and play your media on DLNA TVs, game consoles and media players
• ReadySHARE USB Access - Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer via two USB 3.0 ports
• One eSATA port for storing and streaming
• Two super speed USB 3.0 ports - Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
• Multi-user MIMO enables simultaneous streaming to mobile devices
• ReadySHARE Printer - Wirelessly access and share a USB printer
• ReadySHARE Vault - PC software automatically backs up to USB hard drive connected to the router to USB hard drive connected to the router
Ease of Use
• Easy setup for iPad, tablets, smartphones and computers
• NETGEAR Genie App - Personal dashboard to monitor, control and repair your home network from a smartphone, tablet or computer
• Push 'N' Connect - Easy push button Wi-Fi connections (WPS)
• Wi-Fi and power on/off - Convenient power savings
• LED on/off switch to easily turn LEDs on or off
• VPN Support - Secure access to your home network
• Enhanced Parental Controls - Manage website access by family member and device
• Guest Network Access - Separate and secure access for guests
• Secure Wi-Fi Connections - High-level wireless security with WPA/WPA2
• Personal FTP Server - Customized free URL to create FTP server
• Open Source Support - Download open source firmware
Beamforming-Smart, signal-focusing technology boosts the speed, reliability, and range of your Wi-Fi connections
1 x Gigabit WAN port
4 x Gigabit LAN ports
2 x USB 3.0 ports
Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) support for simultaneous streaming
Dual-core 1.7 GHz processor
4 x External antennas
Flash Memory: 128 MB
RAM Memory: 512 MB
Customized free URL to set up personal FTP server
VPN support-secure remote access
Guest network access-separate and secure
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux
Microsoft IE 9.0, Firefox 4.0, Safari 6.2.6, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher