Characterized by its unique styling, silver body, and brown leatherette wrap, the OM-D E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition from Olympus is a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds digital camera featuring refined stills and movie recording capabilities to suit working in a variety of day-to-day environments. A high-resolution 16.1MP 4/3 Live MOS sensor pairs with the TruePic VII image processor to facilitate up to 8.5 fps shooting and full HD 1080p/60 movie recording, with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. In-camera 5-axis image stabilization compensates for up to 4 stops of camera shake to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and a FAST AF system employs 81 contrast-detection areas for quick, accurate performance with dedicated subject tracking modes. The retro-themed body incorporates a range of assignable function buttons and dials, as well as a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD for clear image monitoring and playback. Besides the handsome appeal of the E-M10 Mark II's design, its main assets lie in its versatility of shooting functions and performance to benefit photographers and videographers alike.
Benefited by the range of imaging capabilities, the E-M10 Mark II also incorporates a variety of shooting modes to suit working in various situations. A Silent Mode utilizes an electronic shutter for perfectly quiet picture-taking, with shutter speeds up to 1/16,000 sec. available. Live Bulb and Live Time modes are well-suited to creative long exposure photography and a dedicated Live Composite mode lets you watch a long exposure gradually build up during the course of the shot. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the camera with your smartphone or tablet for wireless sharing and remote camera control, and an interval shooting mode can be used to produce in-camera 4K time lapse movies.
Included with the camera is the versatile M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. A series of aspherical, ED, and high refractive index elements work to control aberrations and distortions for notable image sharpness and clarity, and the lens' sleek 0.9"-thick profile is well-matched to the compact form factor of the E-M10 Mark II.
E-M10 Mark II Limited Edition
16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
In-Camera 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- For manual, direct control over drive modes and programmable function settings, three dials are positioned on the top panel and feature a knurled finish for easier adjustment.
- The large, 0.62x equivalent magnification OLED viewfinder features a 2.36-million dot resolution and covers 100% of the frame for accurate composing in a variety of lighting conditions and working situations. The EVF also allows you to pre-visualize any creative effects or exposure adjustments prior to shooting.
- An alternative to the viewfinder, the camera also features a 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen monitor. The monitor can tilt 85° upward, for low-angle shooting, and 45° downward, for high-angle shooting. The touchscreen design also avails direct control when navigating the menus, reviewing images, and choosing focus points or other shooting controls.
- When working with the EVF, the AF Targeting Pad feature allows you to trace your thumb along the touchscreen to intuitively move the focus point while shooting.
- A trio of Fn (Function) buttons can be assigned specific controls for quick adjustment or access to your most oft-used settings.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination or a top hot shoe is also available for optional external flashes. When using the built-in flash, the top sync speed is 1/250 sec. and with an external flash, the top sync speed is 1/200 sec.
FAST AF System and Focus Controls
Sound is recorded during movies using the built-in stereo microphone, and a wind noise reduction tool can be used for cleaner sound. Also, the microphone volume can be limited during recording.
M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
Other Camera Features
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to pair the E-M10 Mark II with a smartphone using the Olympus Image Share app for wireless image sharing and remote camera control.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 320 shots per charge under normal conditions, or up to 750 shots per charge with Quick Sleep Mode.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 sequential frames, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, and automatic time lapse processing can save your individual images into a movie for playback. Time lapse movies can also be saved at 4K resolution for greater detail.
- A dedicated Silent Mode utilizes and electronic shutter for quiet, undetectable shooting. When working in this mode you have a range of shutter speeds from 1/16,000 to 60 seconds.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- A two-axis electronic level helps to ensure consistently level horizons and plumb verticals.
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Photo Story lets you capture sequential shots of a scene from varying angles, and then composite them into a single image. When working in this mode, you can record sequential images by sliding a finger across the screen, zoom in or out between two photos, apply unique frames or borders, or arrange multiple images in different compositions.
- Scene Select modes can be used to optimize camera settings based on the scene conditions at hand, and include Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv., Panning, and 3D.
- Art Filters are available for creatively adjusting the look of your imagery, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pinhole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color. Art Effects can also be used to further enhance photos' appearance, including Soft Focus Effect, Pinhole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Blur Effect, B&W Effect, Picture Tone Effect, and Shade Effect.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.