The Tiffen 46mm Warm Soft/FX 2 Filter can be applied to create a warm cast over an entire image while purposely reducing the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits, or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed within the surface of this filter smooths fine lines and textures, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject.
The warming effect of this filter can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. This filter's overall coloration reflects a mired shift value of +45.
This filter has a grade of 2. Grades of 1/2, 1, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Can add a warm cast over an entire image when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- 46mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport