The RedNet AM2 from Focusrite is a headphone amplifier with Dante compatibility. It features both headphone and balanced line outputs, and allows for monitoring of signals over Dante networks. Your headphone input takes the form of a stereo 1/4" TRS jack on the front-panel, while a pair of XLR-male balanced line outputs adorn the rear panel, in addition to the two locking etherCON connection points compatible with Dante systems. As such, this unit can provide additional headphone outputs in studio environments, or facilitate monitoring possibilities in education, live-sound, and broadcast scenarios.
Designed to drive impedances up to 600 Ohms, the RedNet AM2 can offer substantial output levels, rendering the unit suitable for on-stage or front-of-house usage. Its XLR line-level outputs sport a software-switchable 0 dBFS reference level of either +18 or +24 dBu. Two prominent volume controls, as well as LED indicators, allow you to adjust and monitor signal.
Furthermore, the RedNet AM2 utilizes digital-to-analog converters capable of handling between 44.1 to 96 kHz with much in the way of dynamic range. It may be clocked internally, or slaved to the master via Dante. As with all products in the RedNet series, the AM2 integrates seamlessly with any other Dante audio-over-IP network components or infrastructure. The unit can be powered either over Ethernet or via the included power supply
- Convenient headphone / loudspeaker stereo monitoring solution for Dante gives outputs wherever they are needed
- Digital to analog conversion provides transparent and accurate audio quality
- Power to drive even high impedance headphones at significant levels - suitable for drums or other on-stage applications
- Independent headphone and line out level controls for maximum control
- Integrated mute switch - instantly kill the signal feeding external power amps or speakers
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via included 12 VDC power supply
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch allows connection of additional network device
- Mic stand mount - bush on the base of the metal case allows simple mounting
- Dual XLR line level outputs (+18 / +24 dBu software-switchable)
- 1/4" TRS stereo headphone output
- Two etherCON network connectors with integrated network switch
- Signal present, network connected, and power indicators
- Tough aluminum-extruded chassis
Supports RedNet Control 1.8 & 1.9
- Improved stability and responsiveness
- Improved network discovery and device identification
- Improved MIDI message handling
- Improved responsiveness and reliability of RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R preamp control
- Multiple instances of RedNet Control will now stay in sync with gain changes made on other software
- Global save and recall presets for RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R
- PCIe driver and firmware updates
Please note that RedNet Control 1.8 supports OS X 10.8 only, while version 1.9 supports OS X 10.9 and later, as well as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows (all instances of Windows being both 32- and 64-bit)
Additional RedNet Control Notes
- When changing attenuation levels in software, please remove headphones and turn the headphone level down.
- The RedNet PCIe driver is only compatible with the latest firmware.
- It is important to note that installing new firmware on to any RedNet Unit can take some time, please DO NOT turn the unit off or interrupt the firmware installation - Units will be unresponsive during this process.
- During firmware updates, do not add or remove devices on your Dante network.