The MEL9 Tape Replay Machine by Electro-Harmonix is a guitar pedal that takes us back to the good old '60s and '70s prog days of vintage tape-based keyboard sounds. With their homage to the beloved Mellotron, Electro-Harmonix aims to emulate nine sounds (Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir, and High Choir) of that magnetic-tape monster of an instrument.
Forget having to book the New York Philharmonic for your next horror movie soundtrack; grab a MEL9 and your guitar, bass (works down to the open A), or keys and feel free to bend, slide, pitch-bend, and whammy your way into creepy madness – this tape relay machine can track all the death-defying stunts you execute on your instrument, with no added MIDI devices to cramp your style.
With Attack and Sustain controls you can adjust how your sound breathes in and breaths out (crescendos and decrescendos), while also having the liberty of mixing the effected and dry signal via their dedicated volume knobs and individual outputs – hook up a stereo-spread using two amps and kill the crowd with your wall of Mellotron'd sound.
The MEL9 comes with a power supply.
- Pays homage to nine Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir, and High Choir
- Works with guitar, bass (down to open A), and keyboards
- No instrument modifications, special pickups, or MIDI implementation required
- Tracks guitar bends, slides, whammy dive bombs, and more
- Mix your dry and effected signal to two separate outputs
- Dry output signal is at unity gain
- Attack and Sustain controls for setting volume swell and decay durations
- 5-note polyphony