The Hornberg hb1 MIDI Breath Station lets you add natural expression to your live or studio performances by enabling breath-generated MIDI control of electronic musical instruments or peripheral devices equipped with a MIDI or USB-MIDI interface.
The hb1 comes with a wooden mouthpiece that can be comfortably positioned in front of your mouth using the included Neck Set. It also features a precision sensor, a MIDI-merger function, an integrated MIDI interface, and many innovative parameters, which together provide you with powerful tools to add critical nuances and details to your basic keyboard tracks.
The "dynamic attack" parameter gives you sensitive sound control, even in the subtlest pianissimo, while the adjustable "release" allows for breathing in without a gap in the sound. "Multi" mode lets you use up to four hb1 presets simultaneously and control up to four MIDI CCs streams independently.
The hb1 can be used with or without a computer. It is carefully handcrafted in Germany with a focus on sustainability and durability.
- For breath-generated MIDI control of every electronic musical instrument or peripheral device equipped with a MIDI or USB-MIDI interface
- Wooden mouthpiece with built-in precision sensor
- Includes a Neck Set, which enables the mouthpiece to be set in a fixed position in front of the mouth
- MIDI-merger function
- Attack, Boost Attack, Release, and Boost Release parameters allow you to achieve precise, sensitive live and studio performances
- Setting options include real-time data reduction, inversion and limitation of the signal, drive, and offset
- Multi Mode for using up to four hb1 presets simultaneously and controlling up to four MIDI CCs streams independently
- Breath data is displayed constantly on the breath-value display
- Each parameter can be saved in 25 presets
- Can be used with or without a computer
- Neck Set is made from a flexible but robust metal tube, which can be easily shaped
- Stainless-steel tube with an infinitely adjustable air intake valve
- Robust construction
- Control unit and pressure-sensor unit made of stainless steel and wood from the wild service tree
- Mouthpiece made of wood from the wild service tree – minimizes salivation and has antibacterial/anti-fungal qualities
- Handcrafted in Germany