AfterShot Pro 3 from Corel is an intuitive and efficient raw file editing program that affords a wealth of control over image adjustments and file management. Based on a non-destructive editing platform, advanced color, contrast, and other adjustments can be applied to imagery, along with Intelligent Noise Removal, HDR file merging, and enhanced Highlight Recovery. For personalized control, a unique Lens Correction Development Kit has been added to this version, which allows you to create your own custom lens profiles to correct aberrations, vignetting, and distortion when working with rare or obscure lenses. An Image Preset Library is also accessible for acquiring a range of customized presets to help expedite your editing process.
Beyond image adjustments, AfterShot Pro 3 is also characterized by its file handling and organizational tools, such as the ability to manage large photo libraries by labeling, tagging, and rating files. A built-in search engine helps locate specific files using user-developed criteria as well as camera-written metadata. Compatible with a wide variety of camera types and raw file formats, this software is designed to support 64-bit processing in Linux, Mac, and Windows operating speeds for enhanced file handling stability and fast editing performance to suit batch workflows and high-resolution files.
Powerful and Efficient Image Adjustments
- Dedicated Watermarking features are available that help you to better protect your imagery when posting online. Applying a custom watermark can help deter copying and theft, and a logo or contact info can also be used for promotional purposes. Watermarks can be applied to individual images or batches, and the size, orientation, position, and opacity can easily be adjusted.
- Enhanced Highlight Recovery utilizes a dedicated algorithm to garner greater detail out of overexposed highlights in raw files.
- An updated Blemish Remover function permits working with various sized tools to quickly remove unwanted blemishes, spots, dust, or other marks on an image.
- An Image Preset Library facilitates faster access to oft used presets to help automate certain repetitive parts of the editing process. Within this library, you can browse various presets, preview them, and download both free and paid-for presets.
- A unique Lens Correction Development Kit can be used to create and share your own custom lens correction profiles. These profiles are ideal for rare, unique, vintage, or other less-common lenses.
- Lens correction processes allow you to easily compensate for optical anomalies within imagery. Geometric correction automatically corrects for recognized distortions for specific lenses, Vignette Removal helps to remove darkness in the corners of photographs, and Chromatic Aberration helps to fix uneven colors within finer image details.
- Simplified access to the plug-in library is available for downloading or sharing custom plug-ins to help with the editing process. Plug-ins can be created using Corel's own API and SDK.
- In addition to the variety of supported raw file types, a dynamic camera profile updater automatically notifies you when new camera profiles are available for download directly from Corel. A feedback function can also be used to request profiles for specific cameras or send in ideas for new features.
Non-Destructive Photo Editing
- Local contrast control permits fine-tuning of the look and feel of imagery and enables you to bring out greater detailing and visual texture for a more dynamic appearance.
- Athentech Imaging's Noise Removal helps to reduce apparent noise by adjusting the brightness and lighting qualities at the pixel level in order to maintain true colors with no clipping.
- Red-eye removal offers precise adjustment capabilities for cleaning up red-eye effects in photos taken with flash.
- A complete range of dedicated HDR tools allows you to seamlessly combine multiple exposures into a single image to realize greater shadow and highlight detail with a broad scale of middle values. Additionally, within this AfterShot HDR module, you can also apply Smart Photo Fix, white balance, brightness/contrast, fill light/clarity, local tone mapping, high pass sharpening, and digital noise removal.
- A broad array of adjustment tools, including crop, straighten, highlight recovery, noise removal, color temperature, exposure, highlights, and fill light, among others, are available for complete image editing capabilities.
- Multi-version editing gives you the ability to make adjustments to multiple versions of a master image without altering the original file. An unlimited number of versions can be created of each file and customizable presets, including Black & White and Cross Processing, can also be applied.
- Utilizing Layers and Regions, selective edits can be applied to isolated areas of an image for refined adjustment capabilities.
Personalized Photo Workflow
- Your workspace can be customized to suit specific tasks or your preferences in general. Thumbnail, Preview, Browse, and Tools panels can be hidden or displayed, and Slideshow, Full Screen, and Multi Image views can be used.
- Several different color correction tools, including Vibrance, Saturation, Color Balance and Mixer, and Selective Color Control, can be used for accurate and critical fine-tuning of color representation within imagery.
- Curve and levels adjustments can be utilized for brightness, contrast, and color control and can be used in conjunction with layers and regions for more selective control.
- For managing an entire library of photos, powerful management tools enable you to organize imagery within a catalog system, utilize different search tools, and apply star ratings to images.
- A quick review feature allows you to compare, sort, and select similar-looking images in an efficient manner.
- A rich search engine with dedicated metadata tools allows you to apply your own searchable keywords, ratings, tags, and labels to photos for quick access. Additionally, searching results are also available for camera-written data, such as camera type, settings, and date.
- While a catalog-based workflow is available and supports the use of numerous asset management tools, this workflow system is not required and AfterShot Pro 3 can access imagery for editing purposes using predefined organizational methods.
- With seamless integration with Corel's PaintShop Pro and other image editing programs, images can be sent directly from AfterShot Pro 3 to other applications for further editing needs.
- Automatically create web galleries of selected photographs using a variety of pre-made templates for showcasing your work online.
- Batch processing can be employed to backup and archive your imagery for assured security.
- For processing large quantities of RAW files, batch commands can be used, along with preset or custom settings, to quickly convert and export RAW files for a variety of purposes, including printing, web sharing, or archiving.
- Refined with support for 64-bit operating systems, AfterShot Pro 3 functions as a highly efficient post-production tool that is both stable and responsive for processing imagery and applying effects. Additionally, this support for faster operating systems also permits working with larger photographs, including images up to 250MP in resolution and TIFFS well in excess of 30MB in size.
- Support for OpenCL works in conjunction with graphics card processing speeds to enhance the overall working efficiency of the program.