Available for electronic download, Best Service's Tone2 Saurus2 is a digital emulation of classic analog-synthesis technologies, offered as a virtual instrument for Mac and Windows platforms supporting VST instruments. This software aims to replicate analog synthesizers down to their circuitry in order to provide an authentic experience. Furthermore, this instrument offers realistic filters, LFOs that can sync to your DAW's tempo, a host of effects, a comprehensive arpeggiator section—replete with swing and per-step velocity controls—and a gate.
The instrument itself utilizes four mixable oscillators, affording you the ability to dial in parameters such as FM noise, oscillator drift, pulse-width modulation, and more. Additionally, Saurus2's "Voiceout" output source lets you modulate many parameters via the timbre of an external audio track.
Saurus2's user-interface is constructed to lay out the various aspects of its engine in an intuitive manner, allowing you to see and manipulate controls such as, glide, spread, detuning, phase-shift, and tone. To get you started, this virtual instrument includes 830 presets.
- Replicates traditional aspects of analog synths
- Mono, Legato, and Polyphonic modes employing analog voice-management
- Two syncable oscillators and two sub oscillators
- Synthesis based on standard and exotic waveforms
- Pulse width modulation and oscillator sync applicable to every waveform
- Oscillator drift, phase, and noise modulation controls
- Noise FM, AM and ring modulation for oscillators
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, nonlinearity, 6 filter types, FM, and feedback
- LFOs and modulation capable of running at host sample rate
- Powerful arpeggiator with extensive configuration possibilities
- Flexible modulation matrix with filtering
- Programmable gate
- Four separate stereo unison modes with spread and panning control
- Analog-modeled distortion and tube amp
- Optional psycho-acoustic processing
- On-board effects