Available as a downloadable upgrade for those whose already own the previous version, ARC System 2 from IK Multimedia is a studio-acoustics room-correction solution for improving anything from a bedroom studio to a high-end facility. The system utilizes a professional calibrated measurement microphone and stand-alone software to calculate proper room correction, providing an equalization solution in the form of a multi-platform plug-in.
The ARC system features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 technology that measures acoustical information throughout the listening area in the studio. After compiling this information to provide an accurate representation of the room's acoustical problems, the equalization solution corrects for both time- and frequency-response problems effectively and efficiently.
These measurements allow the software to accurately correct the entire room, not just the engineer's "sweet spot." Once a correction algorithm has been generated, placing the included plug-in on the DAW master bus delivers an accurate monitoring environment. Regardless of the acoustical issues in a studio, recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable. Do remember, however, to bypass the plugin when bouncing your finished track.
This is only a software download; measurement microphone not included
New in Version 2
- Completely redesigned interface for improved usability
- Four times greater resolution improves critical low-end response
- Smoother, more natural sound in the midrange and high frequencies
- Combined L/R correction option maintains perfect focus with symmetrical control rooms
- Customizable target curves to match engineer's personal taste
- "Virtual Monitoring" feature mimics the sound of various listening devices like popular studio monitors, car systems, boom boxes, etc. allowing to the test of how mixes translate on different systems
- Monitor Control panel interface streamlines workflow
- Fewer measurements now get higher-quality results and shortens setup time
- Measurements can be saved and used for multiple correction setups
- DAW-based acoustic room-correction plug-in
- Includes measurement software and multi-platform correction plug-in
- Improves clarity, stereo imaging and frequency response of the monitoring system for faster and more reliable mixing
- Low-end alterations, typically added by small rooms, are removed with better low-frequency control, with more consistent frequency response across the entire frequency range
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 technology corrects frequency and phase response not only for the engineer's "sweet spot", but also multiple points in the room
- Step-by-step setup measurement wizard helps the user get up and running in minutes
- Convenient and mobile correction solution for the traveling engineer
- 64-bit native plug-in compatibility