Power tools, appliances, electronics – the SlimLine 1500W 12 VDC to 115 VAC Power Inverter from Wagan allows you to run them all and more, even where there's no wall socket to plug them in. The inverter converts the DC power in a vehicle or boat's 12V battery to 1,500 watts of AC power, enough to run a wide range of electrical devices.
Featuring three, three-prong AC outlets and two USB power ports, the inverter connects easily to any vehicle battery with the supplied three-foot cord. It supplies 1,500 continuous watts, with available surge power of up to 3,500 watts for equipment such as tools, microwaves, air conditioners, and refrigerators, which draw more power when starting up. Check your devices' power requirements to be sure they are compatible with this inverter.
To protect the 12V battery, an alarm will sound and the inverter will shut itself off if the battery is being drawn too low. The inverter will also shutdown if too much power is being drawn or if a short circuit occurs. Dual cooling fans ensure an appropriate operating temperature, but the inverter also has auto-shutdown protection in the event it becomes overheated.
- 1500W continuous
- 3500W peak/surge to safely use appliances that require high-wattage at start-up
- Input power:
- 11-15 VDC
- Screw-down positive and negative wire terminals to hard-wire to car/vehicle/boat battery
- 115 VAC
- Three 3-prong grounded standard US outlet
- Two USB ports (3A shared)
- No load current draw: Less than 0.95A
- Overload protection with automatic shutdown
- Overheat protection with automatic shutdown
- Car/vehicle low-battery alarm when battery drops below 10.5V
- Automatic shutdown when car/vehicle battery drops to 9.5V
- Neutral-to-ground bonded
- Green LED power indicator
- Red LED overload indicator
- On/off switch to reduce wear and save battery
- Dual internal cooling fans maintain safe temperature while under load
- Slim aluminum housing for easier installation
- Front and rear mounting flanges