Designed to provide an additional eight mic pres, eight line outputs, and 24-Bit/192 kHz AD/DA conversion, the Clarett OctoPre from Focusrite connects with your existing interface via ADAT connections. The mic pres are outfitted with Focusrite's proprietary Air feature, which allows you to switch impedances to emulate an analog ISA preamp. You can also instantiate a transformer-resonance effect to lend signal a clarity and sense of air. These mic pres switch automatically between mic level and line level.
The front-panel inputs feature an extended amount of headroom to suit the high-output signal of sources such as electric guitars, while the rear panel offers XLR / 1/4" combination jacks for the remaining six inputs. With a dynamic range of 118 dB, each input leads into a 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion stage capable of sample rates up to 192 kHz. Every input also sports its own insertion point—with hard-wire relay bypass—for outboard compressors, EQs, or any processor you have.
On the output side, the Clarett OctoPre offers eight channels of digital-to-analog conversion, giving you 119 dB of dynamic range in the process. The analog outputs are accessible via a 25-pin D-Sub connection. As the outputs can also be configured to accept line-level signal from the mic pres, this device is suitable for mixing sessions and for feeding live consoles, while simultaneously recording on the digital side.
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- 8 Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer-emulation effect
- 8 line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192 kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96 kHz, four channels at 176.4/192 kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel-clip indicators
- 48V Phantom Power to all inputs
- Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination