The Axis Quad Pocket Transit from Brunton is designed especially for easier geological measurements. Its innovative dual-axis, hollow hinge allows for intuitive, efficient, accurate measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and vertical angles.
Only one measurement configuration is needed for strike & dip, trend & plunge, and bearing and vertical angle, making your measurements more accurate and efficient. The innovative lid protractor and rotation around the minor axis enables accurate, simultaneous measurement of trend & plunge on any surface, including overhangs.
The axis employs a rare earth magnet on a sapphire jewel suspension and features an adjustable needle locking mechanism, high-visibility north and south markings, and induction damping for quick stabilization. The housing is hard anodized billet aluminum and is O-ring sealed to provide a waterproof performance.
Function and Handling
- Sapphire jewel bearing
- 0-90° quadrants
- Dual-axis hinge for quick, easy measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and vertical angles
- Adjustable needle locking mechanism
- Induction dampened, low center of gravity needle
- Hard anodized aluminum billet body
- Adjustable magnetic declination
- Horizontal and vertical axis bubble levels