Benefit from useful tips and great advice with Photography Careers: Finding Your True Path, a Focal Press book by Mark Jenkinson. This guide to starting out as a photographer presents a variety of career options available to you, and helps you find unique approaches to achieving success in a saturated market. It can assist you in changing the way you evaluate your strengths as an artist and help you find your place in the photography community.
The book provides best practices for aspiring graduate students, budding professionals, and those looking to start their own businesses. Additionally, it features interviews with successful young professional photographers in various specialties, including fashion, cinema, retouching, fine art, and editing. Beautiful, diverse photographs submitted by contributors offer inspiration for your own work.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Careers as a Working Photographer
- Chapter 2: Careers in Fine Arts: The Connoisseurs and Impresarios
- Chapter 3: Graduate School: To Be or Not to Be
- Chapter 4: Careers in the Industry: Advertising, Design, Stock Photography, Magazines…
- Chapter 5: Getting Started
- Chapter 6: Taking the next Steps: Becoming a Photographer