This B&H Kit combines the Mackie DL32R Digital Mixer, DC16 Control Surface and Hard Case, DL Dante Expansion Card, and an Etherflex etherCON Cable Reel to create the primary components of the AXIS Digital Mixing System, well suited for touring applications for live bands, event halls, schools, or anyone needing a professional mobile digital mixing setup. The DL32R is a 32-channel wireless digital audio mixer and USB 2.0 audio interface that allows the entire process of live sound mixing to be controlled with an iPad, and enables personal monitor mixing with any iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPod touch. It delivers a live sound mixing experience that takes advantage of the iOS touchscreen and wireless control capabilities, while providing a wealth of professional features to accommodate a wide variety of sound reinforcement and recording applications.
The DC16 is a Dante-connected control surface; when combined with the DL32R digital mixer and Master Fader iOS control app, it completes the make-up of the AXIS Digital Mixing System. The DC16 features 17 full channel strips with Alps 100mm motorized touch-sensitive faders and per-channel encoders. The DL Dante Expansion Card is designed to connect the DL32R with any Dante audio network. Once installed, this expansion card provides 32x32 channels of I/O. The hard case is designed to protect the DC16 from the rigors of on-the-road wear and tear, while the easily transportable etherCON cable reel provides 262.5' / 80.0m of digital connection between the mixer and control surface.
Mackie DC16 Axis Digital Mixing Control Surface
The DC16 from Mackie is a Dante-connected control surface that, when combined with the DL32R digital mixer and Master Fader iOS control app, completes the AXIS Digital Mixing System. The DC16 features 17 full channel strips with Alps 100mm motorized touch-sensitive faders and per-channel encoders. The ergonomic layout provides a generous working space with a dedicated selected channel section with controls for quick access to the most important parameters. Large, full-color back-lit channel ID screens provide flexible channel labeling which includes name, color, and icon. There are 6-segment LED channel meters and 3-segment GR meters per channel, while the dedicated show display offers snapshot control.
The DC16 uses SmartBridge, a surface to wireless mixing function that automatically senses the presence of up to three iPad devices to deliver tight integration and customized functionality. The central iPad follows the dedicated hardware controls for the selected channel and can be connected via a wired connection, which affords direct recording and playback.
The control surface provides additional I/O for the AXIS system and includes 4x4 Dante via dual locking etherCON, an XLR talkback mic input, 1/8" stereo input, and 1/4" control room and headphone outputs. The DC16 ships with a power cord and dust cover.
DCI6 Control Surface
- Dedicated Dante-connected control surface for the AXIS system
- 17 full channel strips with Alps 100mm motorized touch-sensitive faders and per-channel encoders
- Dedicated selected channel section with controls for fast access to important parameters
- Mix selector and view groups deliver innovative navigation without preset banks
- Ergonomic layout with generous working space for easy access to all controls
- Extensive Visual Feedback
- Large, full-color backlit channel ID screens with class-leading readability
- Flexible channel labeling including name, color and icon
- 6-segment LED channel meters and 3-segement GR meters per channel
- Dedicated show display with snapshot control
- Surface to Wireless Mixing via SmartBridge
- Automatically senses presence of up to three iPad devices and changes Master Fader operation to deliver tight integration and customized functionality
- Central iPad follows dedicated hardware controls for selected channel
- Unique history and fixed display iPad modes provide flexible workflow options
- Control up to four channels simultaneously from control surface and iPad devices
- Grab any iPad and go for instant wireless mixing from anywhere in the venue
- Wired recording and playback to central iPad
- Built-in charging for all three iPad devices
- Dedicated Wi-Fi router connection point
- Tough Professional Hardware
- All-steel chassis with aluminum front and back extrusions
- Low profile, compact design fits seamlessly into any workspace
- Additional I/O for Your Axis System
- 4 input, 4 output Dante via dual locking etherCON
- XLR talkback input
- 1/8" stereo input
- Control room/phones outputs
Mackie DL32R 32-Channel Wireless Digital Live Sound Mixer
The Mackie DL32R is a 32-channel wireless digital audio mixer and USB 2.0 audio interface that allows the entire process of live sound mixing to be controlled with an iPad, and allows for personal monitor mixing with any iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPod touch. It delivers a live sound mixing experience that takes advantage of the iOS touch screen and wireless control capabilities, while providing a wealth of professional features to accommodate a wide variety of sound reinforcement and recording applications.
The DL32R features 32 microphone inputs (24 XLR + 8 XLR/TRS combo) with high-quality Onyx+ recallable preamps, capable of handling full bands that include guitars, full drum sets, vocals, and much more. It also has 14 fully assignable XLR outputs for connection to amplifiers, powered speakers, wireless transmitters for in-ear monitoring. The DL32R also allows up to 10 performing musicians to mix their own monitors using their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
In addition to sound reinforcement, the unit also provides 24-bit/48 kHz audio capture and playback for recording in live situations or in the studio. As an audio interface, the DL32R can be paired with your Mac or PC computer, or you can record directly to a USB 2.0 hard drive without a computer. Featuring three stereo FX processors with reverbs and delays, and dedicated sends & returns, the DL32R can function as a versatile, all-in-one mixing and recording solution.
The DL32R features a download for ProTools I First and Waveform software and The Musician's Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plugins with BBD Delay, Level Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor. To authorize the software, simply input the mixer's serial number on the website.
Features at a Glance:
- Master Fader iPad app for complete wireless control and frequent updates via App Store
- Supports up to 10 separate iOS devices at once
- 32 Microphone inputs (24 XLR + 8 XLR/TRS combo) with high-quality Onyx+ recallable preamps
- 14 Fully assignable XLR outputs
- 36 Input channels with 4-band PEQ + HPF, gate and compression
- 28 Output busses with 4-band PEQ + HPF/LPF, 31-band GEQ, comp/limiter and alignment delay
- 3 Stereo FX processors with tons of great-sounding reverbs and delays plus dedicated sends & returns
- 6 VCAs
- 6 Mute groups
- Stereo AES digital output
- Card slot for Dante expansion
- Total recall for all settings
Professional Production Content
- Pro Tools | First and Waveform OEM professional software and plugin packages included
- The DAW Essentials Bundle for Waveform OEM includes 16 powerful plugins like Equalizer, Compressor, Reverber8, and Limiter
- Included Software from Avid, including Pro Tools | First
- An industry standard for decades, Pro Tools | First is easy enough for beginners yet sophisticated enough for experienced musicians. Get many of the same tools used by your favorite artists and recording studios. And now you can collaborate online with anyone, anywhere, and create at the speed of your imagination. Available for macOS and Windows operating systems.
- In addition to the powerful plug-ins within Pro Tools | First, this mixer comes with the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins, including:
- Avid 304E EQ: Add musical warmth with a treble and bass equalizer with sweepable mid control
- Avid 304C Compressor: Tweak the clarity, balance, and rhythmic feel of music with this optical-modeled compressor
- BBD Delay: Create delay, chorus, and vibrato effects based on a classic guitar pedal
- Black Op Distortion: Add rich distortion based on a classic distortion pedal
- Black Shiny Wah: Achieve the famous classic tones of a respected wah wah pedal
- Black Spring Reverb: Get the twang and space of a vintage amplifier
- C1 Chorus: Emulates a classic chorus pedal
- DC Distortion: Dial up a range of overdriven tones with this Avid custom distortion effect
- Eleven Lite: Get the sound of popular guitar amps and speaker cabinets
- Flanger: Create esoteric sounds with this homage to vintage and modern flangers
- Graphic EQ: Sculpt frequencies with ease
- Gray Compressor: Add warmth to tracks based on a vintage Ross compressor
- Green JRC Overdrive: Get the coveted sounds of a classic IC overdrive pedal
- In-Tune: Keep your instruments in tune with this digital tuner
- Orange Phaser: Create interesting effects with this phase shifter based on a classic design
- Roto Speaker: Recreate the sounds of a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet
- Sci-Fi: Add analog synth-type ring and frequency modulation
- Studio Reverb: Create natural-sounding reverb and ambient effects
- Tape Echo: Add vintage analog delay and chorus effects
- Tri Knob Fuzz: Get the Hendrix tone with this fuzz box based on one of the first fuzz pedals
- Vari-Fi: Create the effect of audio changing tape speed
- Vibe Phaser: Add phase-shift and rotary speaker effects
- White Boost: Boost gain without coloring tone
Mackie DL Dante Expansion Card for DL32R Mixer
Designed to work with the Mackie DL32R 32-channel live sound mixer, the DL Dante Expansion Card is designed to enable the aforementioned mixer to connect with any Dante audio network. Once installed, this expansion card provides 32x32 channels of I/O, allowing you to route disparate types of audio signal--from loudspeaker to microphone--to and from the DL32R.
The card sports two Dante ports, either for daisy-chaining or system redundancy, while a dedicated Wi-Fi control port renders the need for an Ethernet switch unnecessary in many situations. Included with this expansion car is the Dante Virtual Sound Card, enabling multi-tracking recording and playback between Dante networks and computers, either in Mac or PC platforms.