While compatible with zoom and prime lenses, the ARRI Alura LDS Extender 1.4x Lens is specially designed for ARRI/Fujinon Alura zoom lenses. It extends the focal length range of the lens by a factor of 1.4 with a loss of only one or two T-stops at full aperture, and it transfers lens metadata to the camera based on the ARRI Lens Data System (LDS) protocol. Most ALEXA cameras automatically recognize the extender and display the correct lens data.
The extender attaches between the camera's PL mount and the PL mount of the lens. Lightweight and featuring this simple design, it provides an affordable solution for independent filmmakers, nature photographers, schools, and pretty much every other type of user. With this extender among your gear, a couple of Alura zoom lenses can be used as multiple lenses with only little or no change in the optical quality.
- Multiplies the focal length by a factor of 1.4x with a loss of only one or two T-stops at full aperture
- LDS metadata transfer
- Automatic extender identification with most ALEXA cameras
- Specially designed for ARRI/Fujinon Alura Zoom Lenses but also compatible with other ARRI/Fujinon or ARRI/ZEISS lenses
- LDS Extender 1.4x + Alura Zoom T2.6 18-80mm = T3.7 25-112mm
- LDS Extender 1.4x + Alura Zoom T2.6 45-250mm = T3.7 63-350mm
- LDS Extender 1.4x + Alura Zoom T2.8 15.5-45mm = T4.0 22-63mm
- LDS Extender 1.4x + Alura Zoom T2.8 30-80mm = T4.0 42-112mm