The Dcode SB-4 from Denecke is a compact and lightweight (at 4 oz) syncbox which generates, reads, and jam syncs timecode at all standard frame rates. It features a large display with a backlight, that allows you to comfortably read your timecode and settings, even in sunlight.
The SB-4 is equipped with an advanced Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) which offers ten times the frequency stability than that of the company's previous products, eliminating the need to jam more than once per day. The unit provides indication of drift/inaccuracy, a useful feature for troubleshooting bad timecode, and selectable output levels to easily match the sync input of other devices in your system.
The Dcode SB-4 is effortlessly controlled using a simple joystick/button, and runs on two AAA batteries or external power. It operates between 15 and 30 hours on a full charge.
- Generates, reads, and jam syncs to all standard frame rates, including 23.976 for high-definition shoots
- Large timecode readout — sunlight-readable display with backlight
- Compact and lightweight at 4 oz
- Advanced Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) has ten times the frequency stability than previous products, eliminating the need to jam more than once per day
- Jam from an external timecode source, or set timecode internally and use as a standalone generator
- Cross jam regardless of incoming frame rates
- Automatic jam sync capability — continuously jams to new code and re-jams to any break in timecode, without the need to power down
- Provides indication of drift/inaccuracy between SB-4 and a timecode input signal
- Selectable timecode output levels — eliminates the need for external output-reduction pads
- Capable of driving two timecode out loads — you can connect timecode out at both the LEMO and BNC connectors
- Control of the SB-4 is achieved through a simple joystick / button
- Easy-to-use menu system and clear display of timecode
- Runs on two AAA batteries or external power connection via micro-USB connector
- Simple to set up
- Re-programmable for new features and updates, via both Mac and Windows
- Low and Dead battery LED warning
- Made in the USA